When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Ultimate Sears Spaceliner Reference

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Does anyone know if the rear rack and tank with horn and light on a 24" "7 tank" Spaceliner would fit at the same model but in a 26" bike?

Does anyone know if the rear rack and tank with horn and light on a 24" "7 tank" Spaceliner would fit at the same model but in a 26" bike?

Pretty sure the rear rack stays are shorter on the 24".
Because the 24" frames are obviously shorter or not as tall, I'm guessing the length of the tank would be shorter as well. Not ever having one or both to compare the sizes I can't swear to the tank compatibility for swapping.

Battery box photo

Any possibility that someone can provide a photo of the battery holder for a '64 - '65 men's straight bar? I have mine out and apart, but not sure if I have all of the parts. There doesn't seem to be a piece to hold the left battery in place, but doesn't appear broken either. Here' pictures of mine....
bike battery box 001.jpg
bike battery box 002.jpg
bike battery box 003.jpg

Any help appreciated.

Mike

bike battery box 001.jpg

bike battery box 002.jpg

bike battery box 003.jpg

Last edited:
Bummer....but thanks Gene. After I get it cleaned up I'll have to figure a way to hold that battery in place. Do the batteries go front to front or front to back?

Mike

Since the battery holder part of this is basically beyond repair, the best possibility might be to bring it somewhere like Radio Shack and see if they have a new plastic 2-cell battery holder that will fit within your unit. Then you can wire the new battery holder to your switch and light, and it will operate.

Battery tray wiring

This is a picture of one of my Murray built Astro Flite's battery tray that should be the same as the Spaceliner. The rear tray retainer spring loaded clip holds the battery in place and acts as the ground on the ground end of the tandem mounted batteries.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Why the rubber sleeve on the part that holds the rear of the left battery? Wouldn't that keep it from grounding? Just showing my ignorance here.

Mike

Back