When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1937 Roadmaster Supreme (Bug Eye)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
Well I spent a couple of hours sorting this bike to make it road worthy. The bike had been assembled but everything was still loose and it needed some adjustment. Once I finished I took it out for a mile or so and it is a sweet riding bike. I will take it out this weekend for about 10-12 miles just to make sure everything is good. V/r Shawn

DSC_0301 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0302 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0303 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0307 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0309 - Copy.JPG

I thought it looked deliberate (especially since you took a photo of that particular spot) Neat! I recall seeing them on a number of earlier bikes. I was surprised how many results came up when searching "Curved bicycle cranks".

I didn't try just "curved cranks" but I imagine the results there would have a slightly different effect on my employment (using my work computer).

So here's a pic from oldbike.eu and a link to MORE curved cranks...of the bicycle variety.

1931_Agache_Curly_Cranks_01-1.jpg

http://www.oldbike.eu/museum/1930s/1931-2/21791-2/

I've tried to contact Phil (RMS37) both by email and phone with no luck. If anyone has an idea of about how many of these are known I'd appreciate it. I count about 10 I know of. V/r Shawn

Back