When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My spiritual twin to Nick's rustastic Colson

-

jpromo

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I bought this last year from Joel, who dragged it to MLC for me. It was a bit of a mess but she spoke to me (has anybody else experienced this phenomena?).

I traded for a prewar wedge light, put a lot of love, lots of straightening, and even justified mounting my newly acquired Firestone High Speeds on it.

Here's my Bullnose as she arrived in my hands:

A9TOfls-1.jpg

Finally last week, the bike stand didn't have anything on it and she was in the way, so upsedaisy. Had a window potter that's the perfect size for a fork, so I dipped it in oxalic acid to humor myself and walked past 45 minutes later to see powder blue. Bought a kiddie pool and a new tub of oxalic and went to town. Rinsing thoroughly afterwards, then coating with WD-40 to wick the water off. Typically I wouldn't feel comfortable dipping a whole frame, but the Colson joints only leave one tube which passes through, the seat tube, which is the easiest one to ensure is dry.

Anyway.. here's my test results. I'm quite happy with it:

MRTqedf-1.jpg

M8TZ44k-1.jpg

q6mtwOm-1.jpg

KYcIFeM-1.jpg

Yes!

She would make quite the prom date for Mr. Crusty Clipper (who needs another dip in a rust bath himself!)

Nice job! kiddie pool....clever.

Darcie

clipper.jpg

Really great job. With bikes like this I'm always torn: can't decide which I like better, the before or the after.
Not saying I don't like the after on your Colson, I just like 'em both! :D

Back