When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone here own a Miami / Flying Merkel Bicycle?

-
Miami Built Bulldog Raycycle

Not Sure of the year Original orange paint whats left of it with red over it. Thinking of putting 12 Coats of Clear Matt Finish cuz 8 just ain't enough! thats for patrick

miami 001.jpg

miami 002.jpg

miami 004.jpg

miami 003.jpg

miami 005.jpg

Not Sure of the year Original orange paint whats left of it with red over it. Thinking of putting 12 Coats of Clear Matt Finish cuz 8 just ain't enough! thats for patric

1914 / 1915.

oldwhizzer ... both you and that sweet machine ROCK !!! Lay on that beautiful Clear Matt Spray !!

Also ... that IS red primer ... a Miami and Davis thang ... yours being Miami and having ORANGE over
the red.

P.K. ... I know you got all discombobulated because you are in the presence of that ride ...
it may look like red over orange ... but after downloading a few of your fotos .. and leaning on the
magnification button ... soma-nah-beech ... i got orange paint all over my forehead.

Gentle readers ... I got no way to help you escape the heat of this way-kool-ass machine ... got no control ..
but, just for grins ... peep the lack of doglegs in the chainstays ...... oh, heck yeah ... can't fool you ....
this is intentionally-done to bring that rear-axel as close as can be to the front axel ...

The Result ... Quick Steering.

So what do we have here ... up to the minit, friction-reduction in the crank bearings (the bearings are located
within the same plane as the chainring) ..... a very-rigid frame / fork combo .. allowing NO surplus energy from
the pilot into the frame (the better part of the energy travels straight to the rear wheel) COMBINED WITH THAT
QUICK-STEER FEATURE ......... a mid-teen's Scorcher garr-un-teed to be a menace to society and free-roaming
animals wherever streets are paved.

Sweet Jesus, Mary and Joseph ... air up the tires ... i'm goin' ta Heaven !!!

........... patric

=========================
=========================

Last edited:
1917 Flying Merkel at Fairborn's Links and Kinks Bike Show 2014

Bunch of CABErs attended the 2nd Annual Links and Kinks Bicycle Show and Swap Meet
in Fairborn, Ohio ... Saturday .. June 28.

Ron M. (Oldnut) snapped some fotos of my 1917 Merk entered in the original class.

photo%203  copy.jpg

photo 1 b.jpg

photo 4.JPG

Pics were taken when the show was over by Oldnut. Thank YOU - Ron

......... patric

==============
==============

Last edited:
Girl's FM For Sale .....

Just yesterday a fellow-collector and friend tipped me off as to the existence of a
Girl's Flying Merkel bicycle for sale. My fellow CABEr friend shall remain nameless,
for now. Maybe if he gives me permission, I will identify.

Budget Bicycle Center has the machine.

Am documenting the info in fotos .. for historical-reference purposes.

Thank YOU - to my Friend.

............ patric
flying_merkelblue01.jpg

flying_merkelblue09.jpg

flying_merkelblue14.jpg

flying_merkelblue16.jpg

============
============

Merkel girls bike

Patric, I'm glad you posted this for the group. I should have thought of posting it when I first saw it. It is interesting reference material indeed. It would be a nice bike to own, with the original paint nature of it, but it is slightly more expensive than I could afford to spend on a girls bike. I'm curious how many of the girls merkels are even out there??

I appreciate everyone who has contributed to this thread so far, it has been very interesting material for those of us interested in the Miami/Merkel line.

Patric, it has been great getting to correspond with you recently. We've had some very enthusiastic Merkel/Miami discussions!

Dave

Patric, I'm glad you posted this for the group. It is interesting reference material indeed. I'm curious how many of the girls merkels are even out there??

I appreciate everyone who has contributed to this thread so far, it has been very interesting material for those of us interested in the Miami/Merkel line.

Patric, it has been great getting to correspond with you recently. We've had some very enthusiastic Merkel/Miami discussions!

Dave

Great chattin' with you - Brother Dave. Until you told me about this machine, i had no idea a girl's machine was even out there.
Always enjoy talkin' with you, Dave !!!

Took the downtube foto and ... using paint.NET ... rotated it a few degrees so as to peep it in a legible manner.

Thanks - Dave ......

....... patric
flying_merkelblue14 horizontal.jpg

F-M  BLUE14%20%20n  OK.jpg

========
========

Last edited:
Merkel Light

Here's a few more Merkel photos, although Merkel Motorcycle related. I'm not sure if we captured them or not yet. Some of them are Merkel Light.

Also Patric, I think we discussed the Merkel Light decal. I couldn't find a good picture, but here is what I found. Enjoy!

Dave

Attachments

• th-6.jpeg
    th-6.jpeg
    9.9 KB · Views: 323
  • th-7.jpeg
    th-7.jpeg
    16.8 KB · Views: 319
  • th-5.jpeg
    th-5.jpeg
    12.9 KB · Views: 318
  • th-4.jpeg