When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Welcome Schwinners!

-
My First Schwinn

This was my first Schwinn, My father bought it for me new in 1963 when I was 12, The bike has always been my pride and joy and is all original, the only thing replaced are the tires, worn the first set out. always had a love of Schwinns, since 1990 I got the bug and started collecting Schwinns esp. the middle weights and balloon tire ones, also fell in love with the Paramounts, thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 000_2816.JPG
    000_2816.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 431
  • 000_2817.jpg
    000_2817.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 404
  • 000_2818.jpg
    000_2818.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 407
Hello Fellow Schwinners...

I hail from the Great Lakes region and am a serious Schwinnaholic. I think my afflictions began when my parents started me on low-level dosages of Schwinn bicycles. I was administers a late '50s/early 60s Panther followed later by a '67 or '68 Coppertone/fendered Stingray 2-speed kickback...this was then followed by a later 60s/early 70 24" middleweight.
I have moved on from that time, but recently come to the conclusion that the Schwinns never left my blood.
Approximately 5-6 years ago, for no reason whatsoever, I bought a well-used Stingray off eBay for cheap money. It sat in my basement undisturbed for years. Over that time, old Schwinns started to appear out of nowhere....
I best heard it said by another forum member, which describes my same affliction, as well, as, " I was innocently standing there, minding my own business, when I accidentally bought another bike!"
What started out as one unexplained purchased, has unfolded into this small collection:
1995 'Lil Tiger w/ training wheels (son's first two-wheel bike)
1974 Stingray single speed coaster ( currently in restoration)
1970 Stingray Fastback single-speed coaster (next in line for restoration)
19-- Stingray reproduction in Coppertone (still in box)
19-- Stingray reproduction in Blue (still in box)
1969 Schwinn Twinn 2-speed in Campus Green very clean original in service
197- Schwinn Town & Country in Blue in poorer shape quietly waiting for my help
1962 Schwinn American (standard) 2-speed in Radiant Green very clean/original in service
2000 Schwinn Sierra GS 21-speed currently in service on my son's college campus
19-- Schwinn 24" 10 speed Chinese K-Mart special mountain bike parked in the basement.
I don't know what drives this obsession...maybe I don't want to know....
Nevertheless, I have to stop buying and start working....

Last edited:
This was my first Schwinn, My father bought it for me new in 1963 when I was 12, The bike has always been my pride and joy and is all original, the only thing replaced are the tires, worn the first set out. always had a love of Schwinns, since 1990 I got the bug and started collecting Schwinns esp. the middle weights and balloon tire ones, also fell in love with the Paramounts, thanks for looking.

That's a real beaut and thanks for the good work keeping it up!

New to SchwinnCity

I am purchasing two Pre 65' Schwinn Hollywoods for $125. I plan on restoring them and using them in my wedding next year. I am so excited to pick them up on the 4th!

looking for value

Schwinn BF Goodrich (believed to be 1953), "good" condition - blue and white, (in parts. missing, cranks, front sprocket, pedals, seat). All other parts available.

Any idea on value as is (frame, rims and tires, fenders)? worth restoring?

schwinn packard

Just acquired a barn find Schwinn Packard mens bike rough shape but I can get it up and running serial number states a 52 but with a skip tooth and reverse drop outs plus crank is stamped AS&CO and a stamp of 41 tells me otherwise help me is anyone can

Just acquired a barn find Schwinn Packard mens bike rough shape but I can get it up and running serial number states a 52 but with a skip tooth and reverse drop outs plus crank is stamped AS&CO and a stamp of 41 tells me otherwise help me is anyone can

Gonna have to post up a pic. V/r Shawn

Back