When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'35 Bluebird

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
i figured this double bend mess out... when the hanger breaks away it drops (the 1st bend), drop out won't close caus of axle
so it bends the front part of drop out
IMG_2747_zps561c3d3a-1.jpg

when it's pushed back up, the weakest point (adjuster screw folds) will bends before the the 1st bend
IMG_2748_zps3383afd1-1.jpg
Did you get it fixed then?

When I got mine there was no speedo gear on the rear hub. I soon realized that the frame is made so it fits and if you don't have one in place the frame will compress and cause stress. This could cause some damage so I checked it and the put a spacer in there for support.

soon, burn the brass off hanger where it was broken, straighten dropouts, jig it up and weld it all together..... ain't nutin.

don't forget the tricky part!!.. ya gotta anneal the drop out first,, and then temper it hard once again. maybe ya could smash some carbon into it too,, make it Ginzu hard! (grin)

Last edited:
When I got mine there was no speedo gear on the rear hub. I soon realized that the frame is made so it fits and if you don't have one in place the frame will compress and cause stress. This could cause some damage so I checked it and the put a spacer in there for support.

Good to know this.
Thank You

Back