When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pinchot Brothers on Christmas bikes c1969

-

Balloonatic

Riding my '39 Silver King 26X
I saw this thread and found the only photo of me and my bro on our new "Binney" stingrays c.1969 I'm the little one on the right, maybe about 7 or 8 yrs. old here. We were so dirt broke in a middle class town in So. Cal there was no way I was ever going to get a Krate (Jeez! I wanted one SO badly with the stick shift, sissy bar, slicks, ect... and a couple kids on the block had one.) But somehow my single mom with 4 kids and 3 jobs managed to buy two matching, stripped down bikes for us for Christmas! I have to this day never seen nor heard of a "Binney", it was probably a very cheap Chinese knock off bought at a discounter, but damn I loved it. Let's hear it for single mom's who made miracles happen for their kids! She kept me in AMT car models too!

Notice there are headlights, but no fenders or chain guards. We kept those bikes for years as we knew we would not be getting others for a long time. Of course, I'm sure the reason I have 13+ ballooners at this age is because I was exposed to old bikes early on, many of my bikes were quite used and came from the Goodwill or thrift stores.

I'd love to see more pix of cabers on their bikes when they were kids?

BALLOONATIC O-O

Bronson & Justin w bikes c1972.jpg

And no, sadly no relation to Wes Pinchot, except we both love vintage bicycles. Shout out to the Fender Doctor!

I saw this thread and found the only photo of me and my bro on our new "Binney" stingrays c.1969 I'm the little one on the right, maybe about 7 or 8 yrs. old here. We were so dirt broke in a middle class town in So. Cal there was no way I was ever going to get a Krate (Jeez! I wanted one SO badly with the stick shift, sissy bar, slicks, ect... and a couple kids on the block had one.) But somehow my single mom with 4 kids and 3 jobs managed to buy two matching, stripped down bikes for us for Christmas! I have to this day never seen nor heard of a "Binney", it was probably a very cheap Chinese knock off bought at a discounter, but damn I loved it. Let's hear it for single mom's who made miracles happen for their kids! She kept me in AMT car models too!

Notice there are headlights, but no fenders or chain guards. We kept those bikes for years as we knew we would not be getting others for a long time. Of course, I'm sure the reason I have 13+ ballooners at this age is because I was exposed to old bikes early on, many of my bikes were quite used and came from the Goodwill or thrift stores.

I'd love to see more pix of cabers on their bikes when they were kids?

BALLOONATIC O-O

View attachment 177424
Look like happy kids.

I don't have any Pictures of My first & only Bike, But I will never forget it. My Brother & I had to share it, & He got up first in the Morning & took off. Did not come home until Supper time. It was an Unknown Frame with Wheels no fenders Bolts for Pedals, Tubes had about 50 Patches. It was FREE.

For a single mom back in the day. Man, that is steppin' up. She's something special. She certainly thought that about you boys.

Back