When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

this is ridiculous

-
THAT is why I am highly respected on the Cabe. I always respect people even if they have an ugly small P....s.

Yeah well, to a guy like you, I do suppose 18" would seem small.
It was also very gracious of you to take the high road about JD's preference in post #2 of this thread.

I need a nice wide bench.

Last edited:
Just wrapped up a bath remodel, house set on an incline. Most of the crawl space you can stand in, so the home owner put down plastic, heavy floor mats, extensive lighting, work benches, and a storage area. Shelves, lined with plastic bins, all labelled neatly. I had to appreciate the work put into that! If I ever won the lottery, I'd hire him to organize my piles of stuff!!

That very well could be true. I did a remodel on a doctors house and he had 10 times the tools I have. They were all set up neatly in his garage and he said maybe one Sunday a month he gets time to go play in the garage. :rolleyes:

Think you nailed it.. look around it's all homeowner handyman's junk.. cheap claw hammers, hand saws, too many crescent wrenches, no 1/2 drive ratchet. The skill saw is a trim saw, but space saver homeowner hasn't a clue. It's all clean and organized because when a real job is needed, it's the show room of the fool who's gotta waste time and brag his ability to organize junk to plumbing, electrical, appliance, auto repairman. .

However on the bright side, he probably lures the repairmen to it with a beer or two, that way they'll screw up their work so he can claim victory.

Not always the case Jeff. When dealing with limited space, I personally have to keep everything well organized and within easy reach otherwise I'm easily frustrated, it's my nature. Organization for me is part of the fun as well, because of my need for visual balance. And although my workspace is nothing like the one in the original post, it is tidy. I do use my space for work, but try to work on only one project at a time, create minimal mess, clean up the area when finished, then start another project. But yes, there are people out there who do have workspaces mostly for show.

Not always the case Jeff. When dealing with limited space, I personally have to keep everything well organized and within easy reach otherwise I'm easily frustrated, it's my nature. Organization for me is part of the fun as well, because of my need for visual balance. And although my workspace is nothing like the one in the original post, it is tidy. I do use my space for work, but try to work on only one project at a time, create minimal mess, clean up the area when finished, then start another project. But yes, there are people out there who do have workspaces mostly for show.

Thank you St.Dave[the patron saint of clean and organized cardboard]

Thank you St.Dave[the patron saint of clean and organized cardboard]

LOL, you guys crack me up.. seriously,, I keep wanting to follow up you, one, and or the other of you's two, but, I just never wrote or read the book of; how to constantly follow up with cornball insults and, keep em coming'..

Back