When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Corvette 5 Speed Registry

-
Here is everyone's chance to pick up a project Corvette 5 speed! It's a 1962, SN H276385 and it was sold back in October 2011 by ebay seller flowbee. http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=120783189910
Schwinn*Dewalt was the auction winner and he has had this for almost 5 years and it hasn't been touched. It's now for sale by Schwinn*Dewalt at a modest price increase due to storage rental fees. haha.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262289023345?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

s-l1600.jpg

I have an all original red 5 speed corvette number g167860. Now with a new restoration job

Cool, a new one that's not on the list! Could you post some pictures and maybe give us a little history on your Corvette?

Thanks!

Will do ASAP. I bought the Corvette and a Cycle truck at a northern Indiana Bike auction about 2 years ago from a very large collection.

Wow Eddie, looks like the metal cancer took over two digits of the SN. Those fork darts are unusual for a Corvette, and the bikes I've seen those on were not equipped with a drilled fork. Did you use the brazed on cable stop at the bottom inside of the seat stay when you redid the derailleur cable, or is it missing?

Got you entered on the Registry and I'll be waiting to see some of the resto pics. :cool:

There are three brazed on cable stops on the Corvette. One on the bottom of the top tube a few inches in front of the seat tube, one on the seat stay a few inches behind the seat post, and one about 8 inches up from the dropout on the inside of the seat stay. Notice the later 60's derailleur with cable stop bracket and cable running across the chain guard on Eddie's bike.

Looks much better without the carrier IMO. The wire crutch tip carriers are really cool but I'm not a big fan of the completely decked out bikes.

Back