When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colson project, show me your Colson Project!!!

-
Not much to do to this survivor.
Needs a decent set of GYEAR whitewalls.

61ac4b9eb2bd851d092acebb300062f1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

You got that right, when you've just grabbed a fresh ( or not so fresh) Colson, the only way to exit a swap, is to sneak. Just about four weeks till Copake,but who's counting.

Having some fun with this 41 strip down model. I have a nice original 38, same straight frame, turkey wing chain guard, but I can't do anything to it. This one, have no qualms with going a little " off the reservation". Will probably add a 2 spd. kick back & electric front hub.

DSC00638.jpg

Here are my Firestone Flying Ace looptails. The plan is to make one as complete as I can with the parts that are there. Been delayed due to the neck being stuck in the fork. Doesn't seem to be much original paint underneath the house paint on either one. Always looking for the blister tank or drop stand.View attachment 207767View attachment 207768

The neck being stuck in the fork wasn't the worst of the problems with it. It didn't take much to break the fork off at the bearing race. I doubt it, but is there any hope of saving it?View attachment 211723

I just got the wheels yesterday, so i had to put it together at 10 last night. Thank you everyone for the help finding parts. Now what to do with the paint?
IMG_20160531_225617.jpg

My Goodyear badged looptail has arrived. So now I have to make two riders out of the three. One question I have is did the Firestone and Goodyear have the same parts? Wheels, pedals and seat?View attachment 208713View attachment 208714

Finally got it rolling. Now I need a drop stand and better seat. Also a tank if I can find one.View attachment 211722

View attachment 208713

View attachment 208714

View attachment 211722

An updated picture of the Goodyear.
IMG_20160221_130807.jpg

Back