When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Corvette 5 Speed Registry

-
image.jpeg
Just picked up #H279228 barn find that should clean up wonderfully!

Wow, that 62 looks like it's OG and all there! Pretty unusual to see that and still equipped with the light. Nice score on a real survivor with no hunting down parts.

Last edited:
Thanks GT ! I straightened out the front carrier and tightened the spokes last night then took it for a ride ! I plan on a completely striping and giving it a complete detail. I do need a starburst badge for it though.

Wow! Really?

What a smoking deal! When I first came across this bike a few years ago there were no good pictures, just a few and the bike was outside. Just now hit the site and there are lots of detailed pictures so that someone can see the SN and the mighty fine condition constituting the reasonable selling price of $9499.00. lol

Now that I have the serial number (D215976) I'll add it to the registry.

http://budgetbicyclectr.com/1962-schwinn-corvette-5-speed-bicycle-18.html

schwinn_corvetteblack-01.jpg

Last edited:
That's crazy ! I have never understood this type of selling philosophy. Rip someone off or sit on it for years in some cases. What would be a reasonable value though?

That's crazy ! I have never understood this type of selling philosophy. Rip someone off or sit on it for years in some cases. What would be a reasonable value though?

That Corvette has been for sale for at least 7years. It's missing the head badge, S reflector, chain guard, correct derailleur and light. The spoke protector looks like it was pulled out of the garbage disposal so it's trashed. Try to find a decent original spoke protector. The bike looks like it's in pretty decent shape even sporting the plastic bolt cap on the front brake caliper. My estimated eBay high sell price would be around $400-450 with its missing and incorrect parts.

I have 2 of them green one i sold to the bike guy on ebay shadow27,the blue one i still have serial num.A22XXXX

I know Dan (Shadow27) has sold two Black 5 speeds. Do you know if he still has the one he got from you?

Just added this one to the list.
SN F129632 06/15/1961
Only the second one listed that has a June SN.
Owner: Jess Fortenberry

image-jpeg.366241

image-jpeg.366242

image-jpeg.366243

Back