When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Bottle Cap" badges

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

fordmike65

Riding a '37 Colson Imperial
I've come across something recently that has peaked my interest regarding the usage of "bottle cap" badge attachment versus conventional screws. I knew that Dayton and Davis used it, but seems Miami did as well? Are there any other manufacturers known to? I won't pick up this item for a week or so, so I'm going to hold off posting pics until it is in my possession. Thanks in advance for any info. Mike.

When you say "Dayton" I assume you are referring to the Huffman brand. Davis also built a Dayton model. So the three manufacturers, off the top of my head, would be Davis, Miami, and Huffman which would include badges of Dayton (both Davis and Huffman), Harley Davidson, Racycle, Flying Merkel, and other Miami built machines. I'm sure Ed or Patric could expand on this. V/r Shawn

When you say "Dayton" I assume you are referring to the Huffman brand. Davis also built a Dayton model. So the three manufacturers, off the top of my head, would be Davis, Miami, and Huffman which would include badges of Dayton (both Davis and Huffman), Harley Davidson, Racycle, Flying Merkel, and other Miami built machines. I'm sure Ed or Patric could expand on this. V/r Shawn

I've got a nice Excelsior made bottle cap Elgin. I'll get a pic if anyone is interested.

Also Yale. I have a few other bottle cap badges that were store bands. But I belive were used on Davis built bikes as well.

These are bottle caps. No screw holes. Sorry i don't have photos of the back right now.
15644546_10209834120481231_1910193687_n.jpg

Back