When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffman serial number project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I just bought a Huffman with a badge that says SHOOTING STAR. The serial # is H019511. I've not seen a Huffman SHOOTING STAR but I am a newby. Have you? It's not prewar but I think it is before 1950. What is it missing? What is it worth? Thanks.
Huffman Shooting Star.jpg
Shooting Star front end.jpg
Shooting Star Badge.jpg

it's a 1950, and it's worth about what you paid for it. I watched it on ebay the several times it went through. super cool badge, pretty common bike. based on the frame I would have guessed 47, but if it truly is H0 then it's a 50.

it's a 1950, and it's worth about what you paid for it. I watched it on ebay the several times it went through. super cool badge, pretty common bike. based on the frame I would have guessed 47, but if it truly is H0 then it's a 50.

On closer inspection it appears that there is a 7 in front of the H. Does the 7 in front of the H have any significance?

Last edited:
@37fleetwood

When did Huffman switch their serial number location from the bottom bracket to the rear dropout? I've got a weird one. 1960(?) Dayton Speedster. The serial number is on the bottom bracket, but it doesn't resemble any previous numbers I've seen at all.

Back