When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dust cap removal New Departure Model D

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

OhioJones

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Would like to know the proper way to remove this, please. Bearings are shot and I need to get in there. Never thought I would be outwitted by a hub. Ha

Much obliged.
20170214_131018.jpg

I may need to replace my cap. Left a gouge in it. :(

Found out why it was so tough after removing it. There was hardened grease in there. Almost like clay. Ha!!

If the hub is not laced to a wheel, the tool shown above the diagram holds everything in place. A lock ring tool to get the cap off.
View attachment 422475

Lock ring tool eh?

Anybody know a part # that works for the standard ND model D as well as the ND model DD? I bought a park tool unit that has a single hook on one side and three prongs on the other end and it didn't work for me on either hub. Not sure what part # it was.

Thanks
Chad

You can get by with making a sprocket removal tool out of an old clutch sleeve- anneal one, cut a slit in it and clamp it in the pipe jaws on a vise. I think even a Mattatuck or NK clutch will work. Mine is either long gone or in a coffee can in Iowa now,

Back