When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'39 Monark 5 bar getting back together again.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Now I'm confused....here is http://www.nostalgic.net/bicycle289/picture1097 5 bar. So.....I have the correct stand for a 5 bar...& the pie plate. His chain ring has the holes for the pie plate......
View attachment 424103
So how am I wrong?

A lot of those chain rings had the holes for a pie plate. As a matter of fact a lot of big tank Huffmans with that ring also have the holes and they most certainly never used a pie crust guard. Go back to that Nostagic.net page and read the last two sentences of the write-up Dave did about restoring this bike--which is the same bike Mike (prewarbikesforsale) shows above. If you really want to learn about Five Bars go to the "ARTICLES" tab at the top of this page and read the Five Bar Article. V/r Shawn

A lot of those chain rings had the holes for a pie plate. As a matter of fact a lot of big tank Huffmans with that ring also have the holes and they most certainly never used a pie crust guard. Go back to that Nostagic.net page and read the last two sentences of the write-up Dave did about restoring this bike--which is the same bike Mike (prewarbikesforsale) shows above. If you really want to learn about Five Bars go to the "ARTICLES" tab at the top of this page and read the Five Bar Article. V/r Shawn
Just to clarify my bike is not that Bike! Mine is Strucel restored and never been on the market.

I should have clarified saying a regular set of bars for the 'can't slip stem' is a little harder. I've only seen a few sets of the dual position bars. I have a set that I was going to loan a guy to make some but he fell off the face of the earth before that project got going-thank goodness I didn't send the bars! I know one guy in Cali that said he tried to make a set and didn't have any luck. I'd be interested if anyone does do these and they look right--to include knurling in both positions. V/r Shawn
Please let me know if any turn up. I would love a pair for mine.
Thanks

Ok, so since we have all the 5 bar guys rounded up in one spot.

I'm looking into getting the dual position bars made, exact replicas or nothing. This would only be a limited number.

I don't have an exact dollar amount on the price yet, but would like to get an idea on how many people might be interested.

So far I have about 5 So-Cal guys interested. Message me if interested.

Ok, so since we have all the 5 bar guys rounded up in one spot.

I'm looking into getting the dual position bars made, exact replicas or nothing. This would only be a limited number.

I don't have an exact dollar amount on the price yet, but would like to get an idea on how many people might be interested.

So far I have about 5 So-Cal guys interested. Message me if interested.
Jon.....I sent you a message.....I will trade +.....

what about the Hawthorne 5 Bar? Pie plate came on those?
Was there an actual Hawthorne badged 5Bar? From what I've seen, the tankless Hawthorne Twin Bars were the only ones offered with the Pie crust guard. Please correct me if I am wrong. Not trying to muddle up this thread, but as Shawn mentioned they are different bikes than the 5 bar being discussed here.
CAM00124_zpsfswypg61.jpg

Back