When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your favorite vintage shop tools

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I refer to these old tools as "my reliable survivors!".
Most of the modern ones made in... who-knows-where... have broken.
I know exactly what you mean...I'm 59 and still have and use my Dad's tools....I plan on passing them down as well. The hammers are pretty cool and the Wilton, I've always wanted one - I have some 5 large vices but the Wilton eludes me. Really cool tools! Thanks for sharing

Back in the early 60's every time I seen an old balloon bike in the trash I dragged it home. I drove my dad nuts with all the old bikes I was always bringing home. Anything you would kill for now-a-days was on the curb for free back then and nobody wanted them [except me.....] Anyway while my older brother was customizing his 49 ford coupe I was mixing and matching bike parts to different frames making today what we call "rat rods".
Taking off the head nut on a fork or changing a chain ring was always a big problem for me as I did not have a wrench big enough to fit something that big. I would always have to ride my bike about 3 blocks to my friend Bob's house to borrow his dad's big Crescent wrench. One day I was with my grandfather riding in his little Rambler American and I seen this old Monark in the trash and I ORDERED HIM TO STOP!! so I could put that big old bike into his tiny trunk,
We got the bike in the Rambler 's trunk and old gramps gave me a lecture about how my dad would get mad for me bringing home another piece of &#!^ bike. I explained I wanted the spring fork for a project .......
Anyway when we got back to gramp's house he produced this big ass old adjustable wrench like this one:View attachment 429309
and I took the springer off the Monark and put the bike in his trash. As a gift.... the best gift I got that year.... He gave me that wrench to keep.
That was in 1962 and somewhere along the line that wrench disappeared ,but today all these years later those big wrenches are still my favorites...... Next flea market I go to I will hunt for one of those big old curved wrenches and buy it.

View attachment 429311

I know this was a long story, but I felt sorry for Barto........and anyone who ever talks to me at a bike swap knows, "I like to tell long stories."
HAHAHAHA, Yeah, I am pretty pathetic - had to beg to get some responses:) But look at the results, I got to see some really cool tools!

The tank is 3/8" + thick steel boiler plate rolled into the shape that forms the tank and riveted together This was assembled before the days of welding as a steam tank for a hot water boiler system sometime in the teens. The tank was made into a compressor sometime in the 50's. I am the second owner and have owned it 30 years with no problems.
Solid as a rock and very heavy. I would like to see the machine that rolled that heavy flat plate steel into the tank shape.

The tank is 3/8" + thick steel boiler plate rolled into the shape that forms the tank and riveted together This was assembled before the days of welding as a steam tank for a hot water boiler system sometime in the teens. The tank was made into a compressor sometime in the 50's. I am the second owner and have owned it 30 years with no problems.
Solid as a rock and very heavy. I would like to see the machine that rolled that heavy flat plate steel into the tank shape.
My Compressor is dated 1931..I like yours better, looks so cool. Using giant rivets I wonder how they got the metal to seal back then....

we have some old black smith made wrenches one that's got four heads on one end and another that's bent at a certain angle we know their black smith made from the way their made and the thickness of the metal and lack of markings but dont have pictures cause we still use these antique tools and usually their tossed in the tool bin with the modern wrenches..lol

Back