When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Girls' Finest De Lux Equipped Elgin "Miss America"

-
I can draw up simple plan and list of material if wanted.

Also if anyone out there has any battery of this size/type or even photos of any I would appreciate pictures of such so I could make more accurate renderings of covers that could be printed.

Last edited:

Also if anyone out there has any battery of this size/type or even photos of any I would appreciate pictures of such so I could make more accurate renderings of covers that could be printed.
sure that would be great ! I am sure it would be a big hit here!

Now for the info on making a 1939-41 Bicycle Battery.
List of material:
2 ft of: 1 inch PVC Shedule 40 Pipe

2 3/4” PVC Spigot Plug

PCV Adhesive

4 Spiral Cone Springs, Hillman # 540033 found at Hardware Store

4 Small Finish Washers

Misc Screws, nuts, washers

2 inches Small Copper Wire

2 Wood Screws

1 Small Scrap of Dense Wood or Fiber, 3/8” thick

Short piece of 1” Dowell Rod

I hope photos are self explanatory. If not ask questions. Photos may not be in proper order.

IMG_405291.jpg

IMG_500417.jpg

C03975b.jpg

C04031.jpg

C04041.jpg

IMG_501160c.jpg

IMG_918447.jpg

Not exactly what you were asking for but I took these from a bike I bought last week out of a Delta Torpedo and the pair in the back we're out of another Schwinn I got for the wife. Anytime I find old batteries I spray them with polyurethane and put them in a display case. Nice work on those batteries I save your pictures and instructions if you don't mind for future reference!

IMG_20170326_113808644.jpg

IMG_20170326_113838262.jpg

IMG_20170326_113929617.jpg

Not exactly what you were asking for but I took these from a bike I bought last week out of a Delta Torpedo and the pair in the back we're out of another Schwinn I got for the wife. Anytime I find old batteries I spray them with polyurethane and put them in a display case. Nice work on those batteries I save your pictures and instructions if you don't mind for future reference!

View attachment 441339

View attachment 441340

View attachment 441341
Thanks so much, All can use any of my photos or instructions for their own use if it will help with their bike.

When I see something like this that someone went thru so much effort to explain and make pictures trying to make life easier I save it and print them off I have a binder full of laminated instructions and how tos and tips from you guys I keep in my garage it makes life a lot easier!

Back