When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 DX help needed

-
Short for a drop stand (39) long for a kick stand 40+.

1941 Goodrich challenger
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435984176.018530.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435984230.839786.jpg

This one rides just as good as it looks

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435984176.018530.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435984230.839786.jpg

"Any help, suggestions or pic's you guys/girls have would be welcomed immensely"

Seems to me you were soliciting for help? Lose the thin skin

"Any help, suggestions or pic's you guys/girls have would be welcomed immensely"

since you felt abligated to

Since you felt obligated to interject and only partial quote me, I have added the complete original request of mine from June 2015 ( see below ). note: As you can hopefully see, I am not asking for information on fenders.

Thank you for your concern.

“Hi all,

recently picked-up a 41 "men's" (No boys) DX frame only (rough shape) trying to "bring it back to life". OK, here are the questions, please be kind since this is my first pre war ;

1. I assume its a skip tooth ?

2. A "D" rear hub was used ?, New departure ?

3. Chain ring "Sweetheart" ?

4. Drop center rims ?

5. Front hubs used (styles) ?

6. Style of truss rods (fork braces or not) ? may go to a springer.......... if ?

7. Rear rack style ?

8. Steering head style ? (bolt clamp location)

9. Seat ?

I know I'm asking a lot, and believe me I have done some research, but the information out there is conflicting to say the least. I have always wanted a DX and I've always wanted a prewar, when this came along, it fit both the bills.

Any help, suggestions or pic's you guys/girls have would be welcomed immensely

Thanks

Doug

PS. The Miss Teen and Fleet are almost done, updates soon.”

Sometimes it is better to know what you are looking for and get the right parts (or as close as you can get) before you
start a resto. No disrespect was intended. You did ask.

I've been involved with bicycles ever since I was 12 years old and I still learn things.

Sometimes it is better to know what you are looking for and get the right parts (or as close as you can get) before you
start a resto. No disrespect was intended. You did ask.

I've been involved with bicycles ever since I was 12 years old and I still learn things.

Thank you for trying to help me and no disrespect taken , but I might have given the wrong impression. I’m not actually looking for advise on how you do restorations or information about you, but thanks for sharing.

Back