When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 DX help needed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
dick-clark-9249296-1-402.jpg

Update: tank paint is not correct for year and will be changed, front fender needs some attention, also rims are for mock up only, its getting painted drop centers.

IMG_20170920_180752596.jpg

Update: tank paint is not correct for year and will be changed, front fender needs some attention, also rims are for mock up only, its getting painted drop centers.

View attachment 687768

Question on the tank - Is that one of the repro tanks or an original? If a repro, I'd love to see what the front fits to the frame like. Call me curious, as I've heard the tanks don't fit the same and can't see a reason, but don't have one off a bike to test.
Thanks!
REC
PS: here's my '39 frame on the wall, and the complete original bike I got a few years later:
39 DX 2b.jpg

39 DX 3.JPG

Question on the tank - Is that one of the repro tanks or an original? If a repro, I'd love to see what the front fits to the frame like. Call me curious, as I've heard the tanks don't fit the same and can't see a reason, but don't have one off a bike to test.
Thanks!
REC
PS: here's my '39 frame on the wall, and the complete original bike I got a few years later:
View attachment 687801

View attachment 687798
Its a repro, I'll try and get some pics of the front of the tank this weekend. I don't recall having any problems with fit though.

Back