When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'57 Lenton Grand Prix project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
wow looks fast just setting still.
ps Sam, we changed our plan.
We will there late morning, and stay after noon.
If you're planning to show up with show and tell, pm me, and I'll give you my cell phone number
Ron

Not much clearance between the crank arm & chain guard. It will be interesting to see if you get enough flex under hard pedaling that they hit.
Eric, you'll like this. I apparently didn't have my chain guard tight for the first ride (there was a slight rattling sound rolling off garage steps, etc.)
The guard came loose in the first mile and was was making skipping contact with the crank arm.
I had a complete compliment of tools, filled out piecemeal from McMaster.
I was able to reattach and align the chainguard at a park bench and complete the ride with full function of my half steps. I was also able to identify critical FD adjustment for making the shift and avoiding chain rub in the wide cogs.
Back home and back on the workstand, dialed everything in at that position, and got torque on the chain guard bolts this time.
No strange sounds on tire shocks now.
Will get the bike out again today, and riding in to Frankenbike tomorrow.
aP4200002.jpg

VeloRetro - Chuck's musette bags are great for holding your loose tools, and wrapping them so they don't rattle on your ride.

edit
back after a 30 mi ride - I'm in for 50 now.
Everything worked perfectly, - I'm getting more used to the brakes, their fade, and blind shifting. Even used the granny ring today crossing the creek and climbing to a park to eat my banana.
Also, my core muscles and tush are all happy with the position and saddle - I think I was more relaxed today.

Last edited:
hit my first 100 mi today on the group ride. Wheels are going back to the shop next week for tensioning.
I didn't realize Lou was such a strong rider. Chasing him on his Torpado the entire second half - he won and I came in 2nd.
Tad taxed himself today on his '34 Rollfast. Still, he came in ahead of half of the pack.

I like the full mudguards(we shouldn't call them fenders on an English bike) and white goes good with the gray paint.

I'll never be quite that Anglophile - just like it will never be "Rally" for me.
My '74 International is built so French, I have to put Union Jacks on it to mask its frogginess.
90e9f238-b713-4f11-811d-76bf22596471.jpg

and my Lenton shares the same drivetrain

Even in fly fishing, the Best of Both Worlds includes an American cane rod with that Brit reel.
aP1010004_zps787ed829.jpg

Last edited:
my correct pump is in Customs, which will let me get rid of that top band clamp - should finally have finished photos in a week or so.
The wheels, btw, are solid, and should roll the rest of my life.
I've also learned how to adjust the brakes, and they're better than adequate.

Last edited:
Back