When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Combined Coaster/Open Invitation Nashville Ride

-
So it looks like everyone is set on bikes and hotels. We would be up for a meet and greet Friday night if anyone has any ideas otherwise we'll see you all that Sat morning! V/r Shawn

Hello Everybody! I mentioned this idea before (meeting at a State or City Park) .......
......but didn't have much of a response --- although it did get 1 "like" .......

There is a CITY PARK called "SHELBY PARK" (how nice!! and coincidental >> I ride a '54 Shelby!) that has about 6-8 PICNIC SHELTERS to RENT for ONLY $40 from 3pm - 11pm

Shelby Park
is right ALONG the GREENWAY bike and hike trails JUST about 2-3 miles EAST of downtown Nashville.
I suggest we ALL MEET there starting FRIDAY afternoon. There are restrooms, etc at this City Park. There are TRAILS for Cruising around on our Bikes. The Picnic Shelter has room for our Big Gathering. There is decent parking CLOSE to us and our Bikes !
We could bring SNACKS and cold drinks ...... BEER is NOT allowed.....
Vending is NOT allowed ..... (as far as setting up "swap-meet" tables)

Check out this link >>>> http://www.nashville.gov/Parks-and-...-and-Reservations/Picnic-Shelters/Shelby.aspx

It is my opinion -- that logistically -- this would be the BEST approach to having a general & established meeting spot for FRIDAY afternoon.
Again ...... these shelters can be rented for a measly $40 ( I will gladly do that for our group ) from 3pm till 11pm

Once we all gather there during the afternoon and evening ........ THEN later -- when everybody gets hungry and thirsty for ADULT beverages.....
We can the split and find a place to eat & drink........ ( I believe finding ANY place that can take ALL of our group at one time and keep us together will be a challenge on a FRIDAY night anywhere popular in Nashville unless a HUGE DEPOSIT is paid in advance for a dedicated ROOM )

I would think that PIZZAS could be delivered to us at our Picnic Shelter ..... if we wanted to ....
We could all have cold drinks in our coolers....... I think this type of Gathering Place -- where we could have our bikes PARKED next to us and have time to gather and socialize ....... AND cruise around a little on our bikes sounds FUN !!

I think we could gather there from 3pm till say 7 or 8pm ....... and then split up in smaller groups to find "Real Food & Drink" if still desired .....

This park has multiple Shelters with a couple along the Cumberland River banks ....
IF I could get some feedback from a number of you ....... I could possibly make the reservation for a Shelter on Friday OR Monday to book one for us.

PLEASE ......... GIVE ME SOME FEEDBACK !! Would the majority be IN on this plan ??

Cheers! CCR Dave

I'm down with meeting at a park but we will probably check into our hotel first and drop our bikes because we plan on going out to eat around 5:30 and I don't want the bikes on the truck while we are eating. We will be leaving directly after the ride Saturday so hopefully we can do something Friday. I guess we'll just play it by ear for eats when we get downtown Saturday and go from there. V/r Shawn

Great idea Dave, this allows us to "spread out" and no worries about busting our asses trying to find a place to hold us all. Don't really care about the food part, we can do that after we all meet up. I like being able to have our bikes with us too. Guess we'll see what everyone else thinks.

I'm down with meeting at a park but we will probably check into our hotel first and drop our bikes because we plan on going out to eat around 5:30 and I don't want the bikes on the truck while we are eating. We will be leaving directly after the ride Saturday so hopefully we can do something Friday. I guess we'll just play it by ear for eats when we get downtown Saturday and go from there. V/r Shawn
Great idea Dave, this allows us to "spread out" and no worries about busting our asses trying to find a place to hold us all. Don't really care about the food part, we can do that after we all meet up. I like being able to have our bikes with us too. Guess we'll see what everyone else thinks.

Do you guys think it would make sense to see if a "Food Truck" could be "booked" to come out to the Picnic Shelter and feed all of us ??
Down here in the ATL area "Food Trucks" are all the Rage!! Maybe a BBQ Food Truck could Cater to us at the Park Pavilion ??
I would need to make sure that doesn't conflict with The City Park rules & regulations tomorrow morning ......
But, that way you (Shawn) and your wife could just come to the park with your bikes and save a couple steps .....
Just an idea to consider....... I'm not sure of the City Park's feeling about this ........ but I'll know for sure in the morning.
I hope some more feedback will come our way on this whole City Park gathering ........ but I feel it makes a great meeting spot!
I feel if everyone brings some "Snacks" (Chips & Dip) (maybe even a Cold-Cut sandwich platter from Kroger/Publix) to share
(like a family gathering where everybody brings a "dish" to share) ...
and a cooler full of cold beverages ........ we could really have a good time there together !! Cheers! CCR Dave

I think the meet n greet friday in the park is a good idea! In CLT the food trucks want cash up front! I will kick up some cheese for the park rental. We can just decide dining at the park.
That's the plan then! This will be great.

GREAT! Since you fellers are the ones who started this whole Festival of Old Iron ....... I think with your approvals -- it's SET !!
I will secure a Picnic Shelter at Shelby Park for FRIDAY taking the " 3pm- 11pm" Rental Slot........
I will get a Shelter with as much Close-access parking that is possible. This Park has plenty of Paved bike riding trails AND it appears that it connects to the Music City Greenway. So there will be things to do until the Crowd starts to thicken with us Vintage Bike Folks.
Please bring some snacks to share, if you can. Chips & Dip stuff. I will probably bring 1 or 2 trays of Finger Sandwiches from Kroger or Publix to share .......... If anybody else wants to do the same ........ Great ! Maybe a Veggie & Dip tray ?? I'll get paper plates and paper towels.
I encourage as much of our crowd to get there starting at 3pm and hanging around a Solid 4 to 5 hours ( I believe I must be there at 3pm for the Rental process ....... I'd hate to be there all by myself :( )
(Time will fly -- as it always does "when you're having FUN"!)
Then ...... in the range of 7 to 8pm ......... we can scoot on out and find a place for dinner and Adult Beverages.
Nashville is in the CENTRAL Time Zone !
Unless there is some objection OR something I'm missing ....... I will contact the Park tomorrow to secure a Spot........
Chime in with any other recommendations !!
Looking forward to seeing everybody there ! Cheers ! CCR Dave

FRIDAY'S GATHERING SPOT IS NOW ALL SET !! ........ SHELBY PARK -- LAKE VIEW SHELTER # 2 (see link next line)
http://www.nashville.gov/Portals/0/SiteContent/Parks/docs/permits/Shelby Shelters.pdf

We have it from 3pm till 11pm .....
.......Although the "PLAN" is from 3pm till maybe 8pm Until we all scatter to go somewhere to Eat & Drink ("real food & drinks")

There "Should be" enough parking near this Shelter ("overflow" parking might require to park near the Ball Fields and ride you bike a little bit.)

There will be a "Porta-Potty" near our Shelter and I guess the restrooms with running water are just a little bike ride down to the Ball Fields

As suggested before ....... bring some Snacks to share ......... I'll bring some local "Finger Sandwiches" to share from Publix or Kroger's ........
I hope others will too! .......... so for the afternoon ....... we'll have lite food and our own beverages from our own Coolers.
I will make sure we have paper plates and paper towels. Bring your Folding "Camper Chairs" (just in case)
Bring your BIKES here as well !! We can park them all together around the Shelter to drool on ...... for picture taking , etc.

It is our responsibility to leave the place "Clean" so please help me clean things up before we all leave ........ Thanks !

The MUSIC CITY Greenway is just a few hundred feet from us ....... it goes Thru the Park along the Cumberland River!

SEE Y'ALL IN 4 WEEKS !!! :cool: CCR Dave

Back