When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Schwinn Lemon Peeler...100% Original

-

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I figured that I would share photos of my sons bike that was given to him 20 years ago by its original owner...my brother-in-law. So yes, its been in the family since new and as you can see was lovingly cared for.
Ironically, my son never really rode it. He had other bikes we bought him and used those. I've become the caretaker of it and it sits with my collection.
And before anyone asks...NO, it's not for sale. He's had crazy offers on it, but it will remain family owned.

fred
IMG_0176.JPG
IMG_0177.JPG
IMG_0178.JPG
IMG_0179.JPG
IMG_0180.JPG
IMG_0181.JPG
IMG_0182.JPG
IMG_0183.JPG
IMG_0185.JPG
IMG_0189.JPG

Thank you. He really took care of it right up to the time it was put away in his parents nice dry basement. Believe it or not, even the original tubes are on it, and the seat doesn't have a mark on it.

I found out that this was the only year for the Yellow Line Slick and possibly the only year for the gold glitter grips to match the gold glitter seat.

early bike whats the month and fix the front wheel the slot is for the bolt in the fork awesome bike

early bike whats the month and fix the front wheel the slot is for the bolt in the fork awesome bike

Well, that explains the groove, lol! Should have noticed that when I took it apart to detail it.

Anyway...Serial number is: MD 80236

My first Krate was a '69. I went through it with a fine-toothed comb. I even took the derailleur completely apart. Your's is a 1970 model, since it was made in Dec. of '69.

Back