When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sierra or High Sierra?

-
thank you! any idea what these are worth? gotta decide on how much work to put into it
I paid $200.00 for one off EBay, in nice clean shape, but mine was built in Lawrenceburg, where yours is from Chicago. Schwinn had to play catch-up when it came to mountain bikes, so this will probably never be outrageously valuable, but these early mountain bikes make solid and comfortable cruisers.

I paid $200.00 for one off EBay, in nice clean shape, but mine was built in Lawrenceburg, where yours is from Chicago. Schwinn had to play catch-up when it came to mountain bikes, so this will probably never be outrageously valuable, but these early mountain bikes make solid and comfortable cruisers.
Cool, Thanks for the info! I will be getting g to this one eventually. Up to my eyeballs in projects right now

20220712_200927.jpg
I know this is an old post, but would you still happen to have that Midnight Blue Sierra? I've got a Chestnut one and would be really cool to have both

Nice bike! Those Sierras seem to be much more rare than the King Stings and Sidewinders
The Sidewinder was produced during 1982, the last full year of production for the Chicago factories. The Sierra was introduced for 1983, just as Schwinn was shutting down in Chicago and teetering on the verge of bankruptcy. Looking back, it's a wonder that the '83 Sierras got built at all.

Last edited:
Back