When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colson project, show me your Colson Project!!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
just got this, already started disassembling it. Lets see if lightning can strike twice and I can save this ones paint too.

Nick.

18813721_1423383291054260_6057300912093506168_n.jpg

Nice find Nick, Not to be a nay sayer, but, from this photo, bringing back much original paint may be a small miracle

Here's my project, a 1954 Firebird, though if I'm being honest it may be beyond my capabilities. And it may not be worth saving, considering the damage. It came with one wheel, the front, and the front axel is bent and stripped - it's six inches long and crucial to the working of the fork. The seat tube appears to have freezing damage and a very ugly weld holding the chain stays to the bottom bracket. I would part it out (not really), but there's not much to part without fixing it in the first place. I paid almost nothing for it, though, so any money spent ain't good money chasing bad, yet.

IMG_8118.JPG

IMG_8117.JPG

Last edited:
Here's my project, a 1954 Firebird, though if I'm being honest it may be beyond my capabilities. And it may not be worth saving, considering the damage. It came with one wheel, the front, and the front axel is bent and stripped - it's six inches long and crucial to the working of the fork. The seat tube appears to have freezing damage and a very ugly weld holding the chain stays to the bottom bracket. I would part it out, but there's not much to part without fixing it in the first place. I paid almost nothing for it, though, so any money spent ain't good money chasing bad, yet.

View attachment 475775

View attachment 475769
@Fltwd57

18813721_1423383291054260_6057300912093506168_n.jpg

Nice find Nick, Not to be a nay sayer, but, from this photo, bringing back much original paint may be a small miracle

Nothing wrong with that. To me the crust is soooooo good on this one, if it were mine, I'd clean it, lube it, and post it in Fordmike's "Preserve the Crust" thread. The Clipper isn't my favorite style of Colson, but this bike is exciting (except for the pedals, of course).

Last edited:
Back