When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'BACooN Ride 4'

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I looked and don't see an elevation chart. I imagine it is out there somewhere. The trail is an old railway bed so one would think that it is mostly flat. I have heard that this year they are running the route in reverse to make it 'more downhill' so there must be some gain in elevation albeit gradual. I'm over-thinking this, that's what I do, but I want to be prepared. I would consider a slightly newer bike, such as a '70's road bike. It would still be lighter than the ones I have now.

We did it! I'm a little embarrassed to say that I bought a new Trek bike for this ride, though. It wasn't any more comfortable and I missed my old trusty Raleigh 3 speed all the way. The most either of us have ever ridden in a day, 71+ miles. Yes, we were quite miserable yesterday! I might do it again.....but with an old bike! :)

We did it! I'm a little embarrassed to say that I bought a new Trek bike for this ride, though. It wasn't any more comfortable and I missed my old trusty Raleigh 3 speed all the way. The most either of us have ever ridden in a day, 71+ miles. Yes, we were quite miserable yesterday! I might do it again.....but with an old bike! :)
Congratulations!
How much bacon did you eat?
Do it single speed skip tooth balloon tire next; show them lite weights what cool looks like....
68a43be646764b17e80d67362d60d0ae.jpg

We tried the Bacon Dough-nut, Bacon Cheeseburger Slider (full size actually), Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookie, Bacon Corn Dog (best Corn Dog I ever had!). There were other treats, but we were too slow and they ran out quick. I realize now that this is a slice of RAGBRAI. I can say that I've done a little bit of RAGBRAI. Lots of fast, lightweight bikes whizzing by. We did pass 4 people!

I never go on a ride longer than 10miles without these ... they arent like the old padded bikeshorts that you looked like you are wearing a diaper. You cant even tell someone is wearing them if u put a pair of basketball shorts over them

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000R29LXI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

RAGBRAI stands for Register's Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa. Started quite some time ago and put on by the Des Moines Register. Every year it is a different route. One year it went through my home town. I rode my old heavyweight Firestone along with them around the race track (Knoxville Sprint Cars) Thousands of bikers riding across Iowa. One guy in our town that was....in his 70's rode his 1941 Schwinn heavyweight on part of it! I got to ride his bike, briefly around the block. No, no plans for me to participate on this one.

Back