When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your thoughts on bike sales timing

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

KingSized HD

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Sorry if this has been addressed before, I didn't find this sort of thread.

I'm prepping some bikes for sale, meanwhile a CABE buddy tells me "they're falling outta the sky" referring to all the bikes available to buy right now.

That got me thinking; is there an ebb and flow to vintage bike sales and prices? Maybe more coming out of the woodwork (or basements, barns) in the springtime creating an oversupply (and lower prices) and less supply (and higher prices) as summer winds down or maybe another time of year?

If you're a seller have you noticed a better time to realize the highest price during one part of the year vs. another? Do you hold off on selling if you think there are too many bikes out there? Does when you sell vary by region?

If you're more a buyer do you find lower pricing at certain times of the year?
Parts sales could be discussed too but I'm mostly interested in complete bikes.

PS I'm selling whatever the response but I'm just curious. Thanks for responding.

I do best from late March to early June, then again from September to early November here in the Gateway city. Just seems to be my experience.

I think the refund season is the best time to sell. It does seem like sales are pretty flat right now. The converse of what Bikeyard said is also true, Low end bikes are never in demand.

I have a Cannondale and an AMC Flash for sale. They're sitting now. All the other bikes sold quickly earlier in the year. It is so nice having space back!

1jjj_zps5zxdxe8m.gif

If you have good stuff to sell, it doesn't really matter when you list it.
If you have not-so-good stuff to sell, it doesn't really matter when you list it.
Just my
View attachment 484135
Yes but apparently Oct 2011 was a bad time to try to sell bikes because this one proved to be a tough sell. I would give anything to go back in time and buy it. I joined the Cabe the month after this was posted. http://thecabe.com/forum/threads/fs...n-imperial-balloon-bicycle-w-rare-tank.18699/

An auctioneer friend of mine says any month starting with "J" is a bad time to sell. In January people are recovering from the holidays and June and July is vacation time. I agree with the others though. The good stuff will sell anytime. V/r Shawn

Back