When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pick this up yesterday

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The thing about these old Schwinns, at least in my experience, is that they get more positive attention and start more conversations than any new bike I've seen lately. Maybe we should steal the old Honda slogan and change it to, "You meet the nicest people on a Schwinn."

I know these bikes aren't worth that much I just have a soft for the old 10 speeds. Got it from the original owner and as he was telling me the story of how he got it as a kid and hated to have to get rid of it he was almost in tears. Told him I was going to clean it up and make it road worthy again so he felt better. Sometimes the story is worth more than the bike. View attachment 627454

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what year is it?

The thing about these old Schwinns, at least in my experience, is that they get more positive attention and start more conversations than any new bike I've seen lately. Maybe we should steal the old Honda slogan and change it to, "You meet the nicest people on a Schwinn."
Yes you are RIGHT ABOUT THAT I get more complements with my two varsities I have had them a year now and every time i take one out some one all ways stops me to ask about it A month ago I had a motorcycle cop stop me I was thing now what did I do ended up when he saw that campus green and all the chrome in the sun light he had to see what kind of bike it was For me I LOVE THE old varsity they ride GREAT and gets a lot of attention

Nice fine. They are getting popular again. Use to own one. Never again. It was way too heavy. I am a carbon fiber guy now when I want to go fast. Vintage cyclist when I want to cruise around time looking extremely cool.

Varisty s are fast one thing I get all time is some knuckle head trying to race me most of the time I smoke them but it depends how I feal
At 65 there days I am not fast
But the varsity will run the fastest I had it was 28 mph on flat land with fenders rear rack tool bag full of tools battery's for lights so I made it heavy but like I said at 65 I could only do it for a block and a haft had A aluminum bike before this and the frame kept breaking and it really was not that light

Back