When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fibre glass body

-
I think your fork needs way more rake if you're going to run that type of springer. The handling has got to be squirly like that.

I think your fork needs way more rake if you're going to run that type of springer. The handling has got to be squirly like that.
origina
Original rake, haven't noticed any handeling problems!

This bike is not a speedster, holds 30 mph. Perhaps at higher speeds there might be a problem.

origina

Original rake, haven't noticed any handeling problems!

This bike is not a speedster, holds 30 mph. Perhaps at higher speeds there might be a problem.
Well you have the fender brace mounted where the axle would have been and now its set way back possibly even behind the steering axis. Old track bikes are set up like this but generally it makes for terrible handling. Even subtle changes in the placement of the front axle make dramatic differences and you pretty much always want some rake. This diagram shows what I'm talking about. https://calfeedesign.com/tech-papers/geometry-of-bike-handling/

frame_stability_sketch.jpg

I am well aware of rake. However the truth is in the excelent ride & handling. Went for another 15 mi+ ride today and all is well

She is missing, and she took my credit card with her!

No she is stored in my bike shed. It is very easy swapping from the (Patriots) to the (Ride sally Ride) setup. Basically, although I can ride the bike with either body on it, I only ride it with the bare bones frame.

What did you do with the pretty lady?

Back