When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HYPER FORMANCE INVENTORY BOUGHT

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
WHY schwinn went out of business back in 83 It like saying you need a license to mix paint for a tucker i don't get it
I saw your post on SBF.not sure Gary will be dealing with paint.you might try contacting VintageSchwinn.com on here.maybe he can help with a color match.

Half pints of paint went from Pete's $52 to Koolestuff's $70. Considering it takes more than a half pint for a factory Schwinn match, you're looking at $210 for the base coats alone to paint a bike. One half pint of aluminum is enough.

It was already expensive, now it's outrageous.

WHY schwinn went out of business back in 83 It like saying you need a license to mix paint for a tucker i don't get it
There is nothing preventing anyone from marketing their own paints that color match Schwinn paints. There would be a legal problem using the Schwinn name on paint cans but I can see ways of getting around that quite easily.

has any one tried testers model paint found this and looks real close to campus green it lacquer and love the price thinking of getting one can and see how it goes
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EQMY94/ref=psdc_2236131011_t3_B000UF3C6Y

Did you expand/blow up that picture of the Testers paint can cap? I can tell you that color isn't even close to Campus Green. And it's also way to light for the later Schwinn Emerald Green. Looks like it's in between the two colors of Lime and Radiant Green.

Half pints of paint went from Pete's $52 to Koolestuff's $70. Considering it takes more than a half pint for a factory Schwinn match, you're looking at $210 for the base coats alone to paint a bike. One half pint of aluminum is enough.

It was already expensive, now it's outrageous.
yes it is very expensive and at this time I can't afford it thats why I am looking at the testors paint i posted for 8 bucks I going to order one can and see how it goes by pictures it looks like a good match and I only need to redo the rear rack don't think will need base coat .Its lacquer and have used lacquer a lot years ago painting cars I like it and with lacquer it will end up looking like glass when you buff it out with koolestuff it will cost me at lest 114 bucks one can of paint one can of base coat primer and clear I got also u-pol primer amazon has it for 12 bucks 27 buck at koolestuff I don't want to sound like a cheap sake but living on SSD sucks and this is kind of a hobby and money is tight .I already wasted 60 bucks on a defective can that wasted all my paint * bucks will not kill me 114 right now I can't do

Did you expand/blow up that picture of the Testers paint can cap? I can tell you that color isn't even close to Campus Green. And it's also way to light for the later Schwinn Emerald Green. Looks like it's in between the two colors of Lime and Radiant Green.
Yes I did went out side expand/blow up that picture in the sun with my bike and it was almost dead on so for 8 buck I am going to get a can and see it might be or not but it worth a try I was told by a guy that restore schwinns that a lot of testers paint are really close to dead on and that is all he uses Hell the paint I got form hyper formance was not a really good match ether after having this can blow up I can NOT afford right now from koolestuff 114 against 8 bucks
i hope this works out if not i will have to live with it for now just can not afford it right now

IMG_0242.JPG
Yes I did went out side expand/blow up that picture in the sun with my bike and it was almost dead on so for 8 buck I am going to get a can and see it might be or not but it worth a try I was told by a guy that restore schwinns that a lot of testers paint are really close to dead on and that is all he uses Hell the paint I got form hyper formance was not a really good match ether after having this can blow up I can NOT afford right now from koolestuff 114 against 8 bucks
i hope this works out if not i will have to live with it for now just can not afford it right now

Back