When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HYPER FORMANCE INVENTORY BOUGHT

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yes I did went out side expand/blow up that picture in the sun with my bike and it was almost dead on so for 8 buck I am going to get a can and see it might be or not but it worth a try I was told by a guy that restore schwinns that a lot of testers paint are really close to dead on and that is all he uses Hell the paint I got form hyper formance was not a really good match ether after having this can blow up I can NOT afford right now from koolestuff 114 against 8 bucks
i hope this works out if not i will have to live with it for now just can not afford it right now

If that works out be sure to post some pics of the touch ups. LOTS of campus green bikes out there that need touch ups. GOOD LUCK!!

I never found Testors to be a good match for any of the translucent Schwinn colors. Quite frankly I don't think it's possible for any metallic or pearl paint to be touched up with acceptable results with a brush, it always looks like a dark spot even if it is the same paint out of the same can it was painted with originally. It's not possible is more likely the right response.

Anyone have a before and after photo of a brush touch up with Pete's and now koolestuff touch up paint?

I have used Testors on many projects, but mostly models. I did use a 1965 Chevy red on touching up the guard on my Silver Jet. It's not a close match at all, and I knew that going into it. Metallic paint will never, ever match with enamel.

Testors is good quality stuff, never had a problem!

There is nothing preventing anyone from marketing their own paints that color match Schwinn paints. There would be a legal problem using the Schwinn name on paint cans but I can see ways of getting around that quite easily.

PM on the way...

here is a 1968 camaro rally green on the left on the right the top bar of my varsity I would think if you add aluminum base coat then apply the rally green you might have a match when i have time in the i will gave this a try
IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0243.jpg
    IMG_0243.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 224
Chevy's Rally Green is not even close to Campus Green in real life. You can go nuts trying to match a paint color with photos, 10 shades off looks good on the internet. Trust me on this one, I'm familiar with both those colors.

I wish I could help you out with an off the shelf color match.

Chevy's Rally Green is not even close to Campus Green in real life. You can go nuts trying to match a paint color with photos, 10 shades off looks good on the internet. Trust me on this one, I'm familiar with both those colors.

I wish I could help you out with an off the shelf color match.

Yup!

Another thing to take into account, is the properties of all the different materials you see the paint color on. Plastic, paper, aluminum, and steel will all cause the paint to react differently. Then, to see it through a screen and not with your eyes also makes it appear differently.

When I was shopping for the paint color ideas for my Stratus, I went to car shows and looked at cars, in person, and committed the color to memory and photos.

Here is an idea. Go get a laser match. Surely that will be cheaper than $114!

Ok thanks there has to be a better way for sure campus green you can find but my other varsity is chestnut and no body sells it because it was not a stingray color but since I am retired I making it my mission on this I was thinking if you used a aluminum base
Coat the Rallye green would work there anothing color Camaros used and that was senregy green
I think I miss spell it
Also have look in to that lazes thing

Ok thanks there has to be a better way for sure campus green you can find but my other varsity is chestnut and no body sells it because it was not a stingray color but since I am retired I making it my mission on this I was thinking if you used a aluminum base
Coat the Rallye green would work there anothing color Camaros used and that was senregy green
I think I miss spell it
Also have look in to that lazes thing
Ok thanks there has to be a better way for sure campus green you can find but my other varsity is chestnut and no body sells it because it was not a stingray color but since I am retired I making it my mission on this I was thinking if youok think I understand one way regular paint like rallye green will not work as good rallye green is a metallic paint
What schwinn used was a transparent paint that were the aluminum base coat comes in it basically a green tint that allows
The aluminum to show

Back