When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B10 soon

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Pauliemon

Finally riding a big boys bike
I purchased a set of Schwinn cranks and chainring from a fellow Caber. 33s for my 33! You were right Mike, you said I was really going to like these cranks and I do. Thanks for the great deal. Now the question is,...26" drop centers or 29" cheaters? Let's hear it.
20170721_124444.jpg

will 29's fit?
From what I got off the catalogs is it's the same bike. I put a set of 700c on it and they fit and that was with a stainless steel fender.
will 29's fit?
Yes they fit. It's the same frame and fork. From what I can tell Schwinn offered 28s up until 1936. In 36 they were only offered on the B1 Camelback. I'm no expert I've just been digging around trying to figure out what I got. I've got a 36 but he ain't talkin'.

From what I got off the catalogs is it's the same bike. I put a set of 700c on it and they fit and that was with a stainless steel fender.

Yes they fit. It's the same frame and fork. From what I can tell Schwinn offered 28s up until 1936. In 36 they were only offered on the B1 Camelback. I'm no expert I've just been digging around trying to figure out what I got. I've got a 36 but he ain't talkin'.
Im building a set of 29s for another project. Its a 40 Autocycle with a Shockease fork (another board track replica.). They fit on there for sure. After I build them I'll slip them on the 33 and we can see how they look.

Here is some good info for you. If you don't already know.

B= balloon tire and the seat and chain stays are totally different from a 28" tired frame. (non balloon tire)

Here is an example of Schwinn frames. On Left balloon tire. Right 28" tire frame
7-23-17 002.JPG

Here is some good info for you. If you don't already know.

B= balloon tire and the seat and chain stays are totally different from a 28" tired frame. (non balloon tire)

Here is an example of Schwinn frames. On Left balloon tire. Right 28" tire frameView attachment 648944
I did not know this, thanks. Boy the chainstays and bridge are totally different.

Here's some pics of the 40 Autocycle with 29s/700c wheels. You can see they fit but don't look like they're supposed to be there. The Shockese fork fits a 38c Little Big Ben. A Fat Frank is to tall.
20170808_113353.jpg
20170808_113342.jpg
20170808_113403.jpg

Back