When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wanted 41 schwinn locking springer (s)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

robert bell

Wore out three sets of tires already!
looking for a 1941 schwinn locking springer for my canti, AND a 1941 womens locking springer for my wifes schwinn. understand they are 41 only. help please!! here is a picture of a 41 mens. need one with 6 3/8" steering stem, one with 7 3/8" steering stem measured from bottom bearing race to top of threads.
41fork.jpg

Last edited:
JUST FOR YOUR INFO, 1941 WAS A TRANSITION YEAR.
THERE ARE BOTH 5 AND A FEW 5 3/8 HEAD TUBES!
IF IT IS A 5 3/8 HEAD TUBE A POSTWAR SPRINGER WILL WORK.
THE GIRLS PREWAR IS 7 INCH HEAD TUBE.

The "Wes" is the best. Me and Jim thank you for your info. I have incomplete forks for whizzer,prewar, and postwar. Tough to figure out all the ins and outs.

The "Wes" is the best. Me and Jim thank you for your info. I have incomplete forks for whizzer,prewar, and postwar. Tough to figure out all the ins and outs.

Even tougher when folks give out the wrong info.....

JUST FOR YOUR INFO, 1941 WAS A TRANSITION YEAR.
THERE ARE BOTH 5 AND A FEW 5 3/8 HEAD TUBES!
IF IT IS A 5 3/8 HEAD TUBE A POSTWAR SPRINGER WILL WORK.
THE GIRLS PREWAR IS 7 INCH HEAD TUBE.

41 girls have 6" head tubes, even described as a new feature in the catalog. Only boys 41s I've ever seen with the longer headtubes were DXs, but there may be other models as suggested.

41 girls have 6" head tubes, even described as a new feature in the catalog. Only boys 41s I've ever seen with the longer headtubes were DXs, but there may be other models as suggested.
my girls is a 6" headtube frame, mens is a 5" frame tube.

41 girls have 6" head tubes, even described as a new feature in the catalog.
I STAND CORRECTED!
I HAVE NEVER COME ACROSS A GIRLS 6 INCH HEAD TUBE!
AS I NOTED BEFORE '41 WAS A TRANSITION YEAR!

Only boys 41s I've ever seen with the longer headtubes were DXs, but there may be other models as suggested.

I HAVE HAD A '41 BOYS WITH A 5 AND 5 3/8 INCH HEAD TUBES.
AGAIN, THIS IS FOR 26 INCH BIKES ONLY!

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A PREWAR FRAME, THE PREWAR WWII SPRINGER
STEER TUBES ARE TYPICALLY MEASURED FROM BOTTOM OF RACE TO TOP
OF STEER TUBE: 6 1/2 TO 6 5/8 INCHES: 7 1/2 TO 7 5/8 INCH AND 8 1/2 TO 8 5/8
INCH STEER TUBES.

the 41 girls fork steer tube measures 7 1/4 inches bottom of bearing race to top of threads. my 41 boys measures 6 1/4 inches. those are truss rod fork measures. think add 1/4" for the springers still need to find these springers!!

Last edited:
will have mercury paid off soon, ready in two weeks for next items I need. looking for a 1941 schwinn locking springer for my canti, AND a 1941 womens locking springer for my wifes schwinn. understand they are 41 only. help please!! here is a picture of a 41 mens. womens is a 6" frame headtube, mens is a 5" frame headtube. both have the extra welded on bumper tube behind head on bottom for a fork stop View attachment 653811

I'm not sure what you are talking about here. The fork stop is a small tube welded on the frame of the bike not the fork. It has a small rubber bumper on each end. V/r Shawn

DSC_0911 - Copy.JPG

Back