When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Bendix 2 speed hub blue band (help me)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Lance Vangraham

Finally riding a big boys bike
My current stingray project has an automatic 2 speed kick back hub on it. It shifts and works but is noisy and doesn't want to coast well. Took it to my LBS, he says he needs a special tool to get it apart. I have read you can take these apart from the brake arm side if you can't get that lock nut off. Any one done this? Any tips? He can't help me so I guess I'm going to tackle the job. Never done a 2 speed yet. I have a diagram on the order of parts installed. Almost curious if I can just open it up a bit and get some lube in there. Thanks in advance!

no, I think it's best to do it the way Bendix recommended.
Bearing adjustment is made via the lock nut that requires the special tool.
Gotcha. My lbs says he can open it up but has no access to parts if they need it. So I guess it is up to me at this point

Got it back and tore it down. My "special tool" was a pair of 90° bent snap ring pliers. After clean up I noticed I have a bad bearing ring on the gear side of the wheel bearing. And I am missing 2 o the little free bearings pictured as well. Any one know where to get parts? Was a lot easier to tear down than I thought.

IMG_20170808_175321792.jpg

IMG_20170808_175238279.jpg

IMG_20170808_175230790.jpg

IMG_20170808_161903183.jpg

Nice going :smilecat:
The bearing cages can be reused: push out the old bearings and pop new ones in. Also replace the 11 loose ball bearings. Your LBS should have them, if not get 'em on eBay, grade 8 chrome steel ball bearings.

Nice going :smilecat:
The bearing cages can be reused: push out the old bearings and pop new ones in. Also replace the 11 loose ball bearings. Your LBS should have them, if not get 'em on eBay, grade 8 chrome steel ball bearings.
awesome thanks for the lead, I appreciate it! ill check with the guys down the street tomorrow! once i get this done the rest of the bike will be a breeze, ill post pictures once i finish it up.

Back