When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Something I've been working on ....

-
5d6bdf50e7ce572d306fb180fead72eb.jpg

Schwinn guys say it never came on the motorbike and was only in catalog renderings, but I think it's cool and unique. Definitely using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a good thing, Shelby made enough of those chain rings to supply all of the Schwinn's getting rebuilt 80 years later. Lol!

It's my understanding that the ones with the three holes from the factory are schwinn and the ones without are Shelby.. ...

Did the Meads come with that type on the motorbikes?

I thought the mead ones had quarter size holes? But don't quote me on that... also I received a pic of an aerocycle that was probably from the 70s with one of these on it

I've always thought they looked cool, and the catalog renderings show them that way on the Motorbike/Cycleplanes.
But, was told by the folks in the know, that they didn't actually come that way.
It's kind of like the gothic ring on the Aerocycle.
The drawings show them with that ring, and that type of ring does exist, but every unmolested original as found Aerocycle always has the Sweetheart ring on it.
Motorbikes are the same way.

Back