When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950s AMF Roadmaster Luxury Liner Help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Is it worth fixing?

• Yes, you should fix it.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No, it's not worth the time or money.

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

Connor

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hey Guys, a friend of mine had his 1950s AMF Roarmaster Luxury Liner restored locally. It seems like guy didn't really know what he was doing... The question that I'm wondering is, is it worth finishing properly? He has the original rack and seat, but it needs the tank, light, pedals, head badge, grips and the rims should be chromed...
-Connor
IMG_0609.JPG

Do you know what year this is? (Might be under the bottom bracket.) If you have the missing parts, it might be worth re-doing, otherwise, I'd just put a longer stem on that light and ride it, and put my money toward a better example to fix up.

That frame came out mid 1954. It's probably 56-57. The front fender is on backwards. Not worth restoring, lots of wrong and missing parts. It looks like a nice rider though.

Okay, thank you all for you help! I think I'm just going to try to get a tank for it... Anyone know where I can find one?
-Connor

Very few bikes are profitable to restore. Do it if you really want it that bad. In my eyes, it's a no.

Even if you just want the tank for looks, it's probably going to be tough to find one with the same finish as the rest of the bike. Good luck!

@Connor

Throwing this out there.... If you ever want to part with the fenders, I've got a good example of a '58 Roady who only needs those fenders to be complete...

But if you are gunna keep those fenders.... Turn the front one around... It's on backwards :D;)

Back