When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver king seat post stuck

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dope54

Finally riding a big boys bike
IMG_1443.JPG
IMG_1444.JPG
Hey I just picked up a men's silver king with a stuck seat post. I've soaked it when penetrating oil for 2 weeks with now luck. The bolt can be removed and the wedge seems to stay in place in the tube. Also put a saddle on it and tried to work it back and forth with no luck. How can I get this thing out ?

You can try heat but tread lightly as to not get the frame red hot. By heating it you might get the aluminum to expand just a little bit thus removing the seat post wedge

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

You are going to hear a variety of suggestions ranging from secret sauces to vibration to heat, all with back and forth tension with pipe wrenches or vises. Don't twist the aluminum to death.
Don't forget to turn the bike upside down and drench the post from the bottom.
If all of these fail, you're gonna have to drill the beast out. Make no attempts to hog it out in one go. Start with the smallest bit possible and work your way up in 1/16 inchcrements! This will keep you centered in the post. I you cut off the protruding part of the post, you can use normal length drill bits. Keep us posted.
Did you tap down on the bolt to displace the wedge?

You are going to hear a variety of suggestions ranging from secret sauces to vibration to heat, all with back and forth tension with pipe wrenches or vises. Don't twist the aluminum to death.
Don't forget to turn the bike upside down and drench the post from the bottom.
If all of these fail, you're gonna have to drill the beast out. Make no attempts to hog it out in one go. Start with the smallest bit possible and work your way up in 1/16 inchcrements! This will keep you centered in the post. I you cut off the protruding part of the post, you can use normal length drill bits. Keep us posted.
Did you tap down on the bolt to displace the wedge?
Yeah I have been soaking it from the bottom as well. Yes the wedge moves a bit

You can try heat but tread lightly as to not get the frame red hot. By heating it you might get the aluminum to expand just a little bit thus removing the seat post wedge

Heat the frame from the outside and not the post right ?

Yeah but be very careful. Aluminum melts alot faster then steel. Maybe have a welding buddy help out. I would hate to hear that the frame warped or even melted due to my advice. You could always try water first. Soak the whole thing in water for a few days and see if that does the trick

Back