When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colson project, show me your Colson Project!!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Bare metal
8ad8092bcab6adb551e245e96784b7f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Colson framed rat. Still messing with different ideas on this one. Once I think I have this rat bike laid out in a way that appeals to me, I will begin paint and try to pull it together with paint, aging and pinstripes. No rechroming. It'll be a weird one. I kinda hate to do this to the 36 Colson, but I cannot afford to go original looking for stock parts for it at this time.... Maybe one day... They come apart again just as fast as they are put together. If one day by chance I stumble across fenders, chainguard, rack, and more... The rat will quickly disappear.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

So JLB started complaining on the hill, creaking out a cry for help with each pedal stroke. Checked the frame and the right chainstay had come loose from the bottom bracket shell. The left had been repaired already, so a buddy performed the surgery:

IMG_1819.JPG

A little file work and some primer, ready for paint:

IMG_1876.JPG

A Caber traded me this 1940 Colson for recovering a couple of seats. I was glad to do it... He also threw in some other parts. Many of the parts are incorrect, but I'm happy with the frame, fork and crank I've restored much worse. Jim

IMG_8232.JPG

Two questions. 1) What can you tell me about the feather chain guards on Colson bikes? Did they come on a particular year or model. The Colson experts tell me my snap tank was built in June 1940
2) Did Colson's come with springer forks like the one on Rick Whitehurst bike? See his post above.

Back