When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You know that feeling?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

1966fastbacks

Finally riding a big boys bike
The feeling you get when you finish cleaning up an old rust bucket or making half a bike into a whole bike.
I like that feeling.
Still needs help and the correct rear wheel is in the mail but..........
s-l1600.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0847.jpg

IMG_0867.JPG

Yes, I know that feeling.... I have a fully restored '75 Stingray awaiting reassembly....a close to new '75 Typhoon awaiting a disassembly, maintenance and clean-up.
A black '67 Stingray Fastback, '70 Campus fenderless 5-spd Stingray and a '59 Spitfire sitting quietly in bicycle boxes awaiting their turn.
I have a Town & Country and a Breeze , both in tattered shape looking at me with those sad eyes....
I currently have a '78 Stingray in pieces (too nice to restore) and a '62 American scattered all over the basement floor....all the chrome brought back to life....the broken parts repaired and the unsaveable replaced.....all awaiting the frame back from paint....((something about a glossy black Schwinn with deep chrome and white accents (don't know what it is, but it is.....))
Yes, I guess I feel a sense of accomplishment when a finished "oldie" can stand on its' own kickstand and smile that smile of revived newness.
I once heard a fellow biker say that people like us have a responsibility for the preservation of history and by what ever draws each of us for whatever reason(s) accomplishes that goal....

Yes, I know that feeling.... I have a fully restored '75 Stingray awaiting reassembly....a close to new '75 Typhoon awaiting a disassembly, maintenance and clean-up.
A black '67 Stingray Fastback, '70 Campus fenderless 5-spd Stingray and a '59 Spitfire sitting quietly in bicycle boxes awaiting their turn.
I have a Town & Country and a Breeze , both in tattered shape looking at me with those sad eyes....
I currently have a '78 Stingray in pieces (too nice to restore) and a '62 American scattered all over the basement floor....all the chrome brought back to life....the broken parts repaired and the unsaveable replaced.....all awaiting the frame back from paint....((something about a glossy black Schwinn with deep chrome and white accents (don't know what it is, but it is.....))
Yes, I guess I feel a sense of accomplishment when a finished "oldie" can stand on its' own kickstand and smile that smile of revived newness.
I once heard a fellow biker say that people like us have a responsibility for the preservation of history and by what ever draws each of us for whatever reason(s) accomplishes that goal....
I had no idea that i had a twin brother living in the great lakes area. I hear ya. 30 bikes in each bedroom, 15 in the garage, 6 in the dinning room and one in the kitchen. And 2 waiting for chrome in the bike room. Violet is my favorite color but there is something about black/white and chrome.
IMG_0848.JPG

Back