When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amf Junior tricycle help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Pulled this tricycle out of the shop, thinking I might restore it for grandson. It's an AMF Junior, but not sure what year.
The decal is different than what I see online for the 50s-60s model: My decal has a *banner* on which "Junior" is written [tho hardly legible], the banner is scrolled, as in, wraps around to the back [of AMF shield]
Trike1.jpg
Trike.jpg
Trike3.jpg
; the emblems I see online show this section as a straight rectangle. Not sure what this signifies to date my trike.
Did my tricycle originally come with a front fender?
The right rear wheel has one broken spoke and is bent some.
Left rear wheel has a 1" chunk of rubber missing.
Front wheel is very bad, down to the wire...
One poster showed a tricycle like this where the front wheel rubber had been replaced with a hose...!
So, what are opinions on feasibility of fixing this one? Needs wheels, pedals, handle grip.
Thanks very much!
[apologize the pics are dark] Also, don't know why/how uploading the pics interrupted the text...
TrikeDecal1.jpg
TrikeDecal.jpg

Pulled this tricycle out of the shop, thinking I might restore it for grandson. It's an AMF Junior, but not sure what year.
The decal is different than what I see online for the 50s-60s model: My decal has a *banner* on which "Junior" is written [tho hardly legible], the banner is scrolled, as in, wraps around to the back [of AMF shield] ; the emblems I see online show this section as a straight rectangle. Not sure what this signifies to date my trike.
Did my tricycle originally come with a front fender?
The right rear wheel has one broken spoke and is bent some.
Left rear wheel has a 1" chunk of rubber missing.
Front wheel is very bad, down to the wire...
One poster showed a tricycle like this where the front wheel rubber had been replaced with a hose...!
So, what are opinions on feasibility of fixing this one? Needs wheels, pedals, handle grip.
Thanks very much!
View attachment 666513 View attachment 666512

View attachment 666510 View attachment 666509 View attachment 666505
Here's a picture showing the difference in my *banner* decal, this one with the straight rectangle for "Junior":
Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 9.53.23 AM.png

Here's a couple web pages you might find interesting, if you haven't seen it already: http://www.tricyclefetish.com/AMF.php http://www.tricyclefetish.com/junior_toy_co.php
The color ads and photos help answer your question about a front fender. I think yours dates to mid-50s since Junior used a scroll before AMF took them over earlier in the '50s. It's just a matter of figuring out what year(s) the scroll banner was used under AMF. Could have been used only for one year and then changed. The ads won't zoom in enough for me to tell.

Dave

Here's a couple web pages you might find interesting, if you haven't seen it already: http://www.tricyclefetish.com/AMF.php http://www.tricyclefetish.com/junior_toy_co.php
The color ads and photos help answer your question about a front fender. I think yours dates to mid-50s since Junior used a scroll before AMF took them over earlier in the '50s. It's just a matter of figuring out what year(s) the scroll banner was used under AMF. Could have been used only for one year and then changed. The ads won't zoom in enough for me to tell.

Dave
Thanks for your reply, Dave. Yes, have been to the fetish website, but not finding my specific decal. Did see one picture identifying trike from the 50s...with no front fender...and surely cannot see what the decal looks like.
This looks just like mine...rust, et al.
Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 12.42.07 PM.png

Back