When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help identifying this vintage trike please

-

Cide0518

On Training Wheels
IMG_3261.JPG

Just picked this up at a swap meet can anyone help me identify it? I'm looking for tires grips and pedals for it. Really want to put it back original

Thanks

Any idea what year or any other information? I'm trying to find pictures of it in original condition

Thanks

This is a Junior Toy Co. tricycle somewhere from the 1940s to 1950s. The distinctive line work in the seat top, and rear step plate with teardrop shaped pads stamped in the metal positively identify it as a Junior. They used the same seat top design on both springer and springless seats during that time period.

Dave

This is a Junior Toy Co. tricycle somewhere from the 1940s to 1950s. The distinctive line work in the seat top, and rear step plate with teardrop shaped pads stamped in the metal positively identify it as a Junior. They used the same seat top design on both springer and springless seats during that time period.

Dave

Where should I go for new tire material? Thank you guys for the help!

IMG_3269.JPG

Something similar was used in the 30s and 40s on Tricycle and wagon tires. The deal is to measure your rubber so that it meets- insert the wire a with a small looped section on one end, then thread the wire from the remaining side through that loop. This device tightens and twists together and tightens the inside wire. I somewhere have a couple of these 30s-40s machines for twisting the wires. Have never used them. Got them years ago when I bought the remains of an old Bicycle Shop. I could see that it would take some experimentation to get satisfactory results. I will try to see if I can find them.---Cowboy

Where should I go for new tire material? Thank you guys for the help!

View attachment 671975

Here is a source that the Wheelmen use and how to determine the correct diameter of tire to fit your rim.

Tire Material.jpg

Cabe members "ridingtoy" and "Cowboy in NC" have the right idea regarding how to install tiring on your rim. and here is a video showing the installation process, great info in the video.

Back