When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early 60s JC Higgins kickstand help

-

Marc's Classic Chrome

Finally riding a big boys bike
I picked up a ladies JC Higgins Flightliner for my wife to pedal around town. I was disappointed when I was working on it that it did not have a kickstand. I know Schwinn has the intergrated kick but I didn't know the Flightliner did too? Well I am in need of a kicker I guess. Does anyone know where I can find one? None on eBay. The last two pics are off of Dave's vintage Bicycles.

IMG_1855.JPG

IMG_1856.JPG

IMG_1857.JPG

Am at a loss here...

Never have I ever seen a Murray with a built-in kickstand. Are you sure it is original?

Am at a loss here...

Never have I ever seen a Murray with a built-in kickstand. Are you sure it is original?
Over the years I've had several of these bikes and never paid any attention to their stands, as I normally don't keep middle weights. I think they were all bolt on's. I see some fresh weld splatter, that would never be on a factory bike , in plain sight on \that weld that can be viewed from the top. Maybe, just maybe, someone welded one on?

Over the years I've had several of these bikes and never paid any attention to their stands, as I normally don't keep middle weights. I think they were all bolt on's. I see some fresh weld splatter, that would never be on a factory bike , in plain sight on \that weld that can be viewed from the top. Maybe, just maybe, someone welded one on?

Aye! I see it now, since I am not using my phone. If it were me, I'd remove that, file off the weld splatter, and clear coat the area to protect the compromised chrome plating and exposed metal.

The kickstand for this is listed here:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=381455972193

s-l500.jpg

There are several references on thecabe to the same welded on kickstand if you search the archives. From reading those other posts, I believe the kickstand is original but obviously not common.

There are several references on thecabe to the same welded on kickstand if you search the archives. From reading those other posts, I believe the kickstand is original but obviously not common.
I did some research too and it did come in a very few amount of bikes. I have to keep looking ...

Back