When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ready to start my mercury pacemaker project...its gonna be funny

-
@manuelvilla whats your serial number start with? MD is 1939 ME is 1940 MF is 1941....really like to date it. Please and thank you.
I will check it tomorrow @kreika @kreika ...thank you for all the info...i will be on touch..

I have a questions...

Why the front fender has same desing as for example elgin twin bar..also the rear has same desing...actually all frame looks like a elgin design....who copied the style...elgin or viktor???

Thank you all guys for your attention.

@fordmike65 too...all guys hello from mexico

Bad pic but you can see the crankset and the fenders...@fordmike65

@fordmike65

FB_IMG_1493680062713.jpg

MG 1942. Awesome man never seen one before. Truly the last of the last!!!!
Ooo. So this one was one of the latest pacemaker built??? I have seen the fisrt ones in internet and the earlies didnt came with light tank...but later they put lights on the tank..

Other question @kreika ...why this bike has many similar parts as some elgins in especific the twin bar...

Fork and fender same
Fenders same
Rear fork same
Hardware same

I dont know to much english to write more similar parts but is very very similar frame....do you know why???

Ooo. So this one was one of the latest pacemaker built??? I have seen the fisrt ones in internet and the earlies didnt came with light tank...but later they put lights on the tank..

Other question @kreika ...why this bike has many similar parts as some elgins in especific the twin bar...

Fork and fender same
Fenders same
Rear fork same
Hardware same

I dont know to much english to write more similar parts but is very very similar frame....do you know why???

Every year had lights in the tank from 1939 to 1942. It all depended on how much the buyer spent. The lights in the tank were the top of line. "Elgin" was just a brand name sold by Sears Department Store. Elgins were made by several companies, Murray being one of them. Murray of Ohio's own brand was Mercury. Why they have the Elgin twin bar style fenders I don't know. I don't think anybody knows, but they are correct. As I said above your bike has a different frame, fenders, rack, and chain ring than the other production Mercury's. Rest assured it is a 100% correct Mercury Pacemaker. Enjoy a rare beauty.

Every year had lights in the tank from 1939 to 1942. It all depended on how much the buyer spent. The lights in the tank were the top of line. "Elgin" was just a brand name sold by Sears Department Store. Elgins were made by several companies, Murray being one of them. Murray of Ohio's own brand was Mercury. Why they have the Elgin twin bar style fenders I don't know. I don't think anybody knows, but they are correct. As I said above your bike has a different frame, fenders, rack, and chain ring than the other production Mercury's. Rest assured it is a 100% correct Mercury Pacemaker. Enjoy a rare beauty.
Thank you thank you...

I will share with all you guys and love it

Back