When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 Packard badged OG paint DX

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

KevinBrick

I live for the CABE
I found this a couple years ago on Ebay.. It looks like a mix of different parts and was looking for some advice moving forward.. Are the fenders period correct? It looks to me like the truss rods are wrong? Any other observations or comments.. I would like to upgrade to as original as possible..

IMG_1744.JPG

IMG_1745.JPG

IMG_1746.JPG

IMG_1747.JPG

IMG_1748.JPG

IMG_1750.JPG

IMG_1751.JPG

frame is a 39 dx. the guard is incorrect, that guard is for the 41 dx models the chain ring should be a sweetheart. truss rods are not Schwinn and the fenders look like possible aftermarket items..

frame is a 39 dx. the guard is incorrect, that guard is for the 41 dx models the chain ring should be a sweetheart. truss rods are not Schwinn and the fenders look like possible aftermarket items..

I have the original 1939 dated crank and sweetheart chain ring? I was going to have rechromed.. Any recommendations?

rear hub is 1950s, side plates on seat look like they might be post-war, not easy to say from the pics.
Top nut and maybe other headset parts don't look Schwinn to me, fork looks like it might be a Murray, and the stem post-war

rear hub is 1950s, side plates on seat look like they might be post-war, not easy to say from the pics.
Top nut and maybe other headset parts don't look Schwinn to me, fork looks like it might be a Murray, and the stem post-war
Would appreciate a picture of the correct stem if anyone has one**

These frames were made in different sizes, and it looks to me like this is the smallest one. You might consider how this bike fits you before spending more money on it.

These frames were made in different sizes, and it looks to me like this is the smallest one. You might think about how this bike fits you before spending more money on it.

Seems to be the same size as my other 26" bikes and much larger than the krates that seem to be gaining in popularity right now.. I also have a 1990's apple and orange Krate and everyone loves riding them...

Back