When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

53' Western Flyer X53 clean up.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Cleaned up the outside of the tank and it looks good. The right side of the bike definitely took the brunt of the elements in the shed it sat in. Now on to washing everything and waxing. Just want to seal up the paint and chrome what would like some opinions as to what would be the best product to use?

IMG_20171003_222802.jpg
IMG_20171003_222724.jpg
IMG_20171003_233114.jpg

Nice work. What's your method? The red's coming back strong, can't wait to see it all done.

Thank you. Just using WD40 and #0000 steel wool on the paint, then using PB Blaster, #3 and #0000 steel wool on the chrome. I would like to get the red back a little closer to what is under the reflector but nervous about scrubbing anymore because of the striping. Hoping the wax will bring it back a little more. If the rain clears up it will all get a bath and waxing will start as soon as parts are dry.

IMG_20171004_093920.jpg
IMG_20171004_094533.jpg

Wow, your hard work is really making this bike 'pop'! I can't wait to see more pics as it comes back together. Keeps me hopeful that I might find a bike like this one day!

Been busy so I haven't had the chance to finish getting it together. Did decide to clean up the og bars and use them. Had to replace the stem with the closest one I had. Also had to replace the crank, it was bent and rigged to make the bearing race work. Can't wait to finish and take it for a ride, of course it is supposed to rain the next couple days.

IMG_20171008_144948.jpg
IMG_20171010_212434.jpg

Back