When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yet another muscle bike question "Free Spirit Springer"

-

KingOBO

Finally riding a big boys bike
IMG_3956.JPG
Happy Friday! Any professors of Free Spirits around? Any info on this bike would be greatly appreciated. Also where is the serial number located.

This bike actually crosses up between muscle and BMX, very nice I'm not sure what company built those bikes Murray maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might of started life as an MX1?

I believe this bike should have black cross bar MX bars. Check the rear drop out for the serial number.

Sissy bar probably had springs too? My friend had a similar bike with the same springer fork he bought at our local Western Auto Circa 1973 or 74!

8b5a2a5af7fb8b42ae9c004cccd6a43d.jpg
here’s the one I had this summer. I think it originally came with plastic covers along the bars too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

View attachment 688654 here’s the one I had this summer. I think it originally came with plastic covers along the bars too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The one my friend bought actually had a faux plastic gas tank and number plate on the handle bars bi-centennial colors of course, well everything was that motif during that timeframe!

IMG_3979.JPG
No serial number at least that I could find on the rear dropout, I did find a possible date on the seat but doesn't necessarily date the bike. Still looking

Back