When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Springer fork on Starlet III?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Tiberius

Look Ma, No Hands!
I have a 1968 Starlet III that I am going to clean up for my wife. A while back I bought a chrome springer fork for my 1962 Deluxe American and learned the expensive way that the newer forks have a smaller diameter! Is it ok to put this fork on the Starlet or am I asking for trouble? Thanks!!

I have a 1968 Starlet III that I am going to clean up for my wife. A while back I bought a chrome springer fork for my 1962 Deluxe American and learned the expensive way that the newer forks have a smaller diameter! Is it ok to put this fork on the Starlet or am I asking for trouble? Thanks!!
You can,have to use the top nut off the 1962,and a pre 1966 Schwinn goose neck

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Oh,shoot. Is it a repop? You can probably use the stock neck off the starlet WII with No problem.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It is a repop, I think. It has S bolts and is welded at the bottom. It fits just fine. In fact I have that springer fork and the handlebars from the Starlet on my American right now. (I have a 1963 springer fork for the American now.) I wanted to make sure that structurally it wasn't a bad idea before I had my wife ride it!!

Thanks for your reply!

In 66 the steer tubes were a different gauge so the ID for the stem was smaller. The forks can be swapped but so does the stem and nut.

Back