When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 Raleigh Superbe? Or older?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

marius.suiram

I live for the CABE
The hub and the dyno hub are marked 1962.
But on the 1962 catalog the brakes are with cables.
Where am I wrong?

20170930_175856.jpg
20170930_175907.jpg
20170930_175918.jpg
20170930_175929.jpg

It's bit different than the Dawn bikes. This bike has rear-facing fork-ends in back, bolt-up seat stays, and Westwood rather than Raleigh Patent/Westrick rims. The Dawn series has a Sports-type frame and Sports-type wheels.

Are the wheels on your bike 28 or 26 inch?

There are a number of Raleigh models that were sold in other countries and not aimed at the U.S. market. These often are older-looking than they actually are. 1962 is probably right for this bike, and it's one of those foreign Raleigh models.

I think I've actually seen this bike for sale online, but that it was local pick-up only. I tried to buy it, but the guy didn't seem to want to ship (?). Are you selling this bike? I might be interested if you are. I have no winter project yet.

I don't know if this one was for sale on-line.
I was in a three hours trip for a Raleigh Fireball, and the guy showed me this one, which was too cool to pass. So I pass a Schwinn Spitfire and I bought the Raleigh.

Back