When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Folding bike stand Question

-

BLWNMNY

I live for the CABE
I know we probably all use different variations of bike stands, some might have them mounted to the wall, work bench etc. I use a fold up version so I can put it away or move it out in the yard, my question is , What fold up stand do some of you use that you feel is sturdy enough for you for working on these old heavy bikes? What brand and model do you recommend personally that works well for you?

I have a Pedros folding stand. And it's the best I've used.

The squeezy-trigger grip is easier and faster to clamp a bike. Much better than the worm-gear screw type most stands use. It doesn't slip, and will clamp any size round tube, and most oval and oversized tubes.

I use it everyday, all day, assembling bikes at walmarts, and it'll hold 99.9% of bikes.

The clamp easily swivels to any angle, to grab a seat post, seat tube, top tube, etc.

It also has a quick release thumb button so you're not fidgeting with the release while holding onto a bike.

You can change clamp positions in seconds, so it's ideal for bike assembly work.

It has held all of my heavy ballooners with no problems. And you can adjust the position of the bike easily, even if it's partially assembled and off balance, like if you've got a heavy springer front end and you take the back wheel off, it won't slip or flip over.

Folds up about as compact as you can hope for, and I've had thousands of bikes on it (about 30-40 a day) and all the moveable parts are still tight and functional.

So, that's my testimonial...

download.jpg

I like my Parks.stand.The legs lay flat on the floor so you are not tripping over them and it easily folds up if you need to take it down.I have had heavy motorized bike in it and it works great.

I like my Parks.stand.The legs lay flat on the floor so you are not tripping over them and it easily folds up if you need to take it down.I have had heavy motorized bike in it and it works great.
Which model do you have?

I went fairly cheap years ago and choose the Park pcs-9. Works fine and I had my 53 Phantom clamped in it for a looong time. :eek:

s-l1600.jpg

I know we probably all use different variations of bike stands, some might have them mounted to the wall, work bench etc. I use a fold up version so I can put it away or move it out in the yard, my question is , What fold up stand do some of you use that you feel is sturdy enough for you for working on these old heavy bikes? What brand and model do you recommend personally that works well for you?
Once you work from a stand you will never want to be without one again

Back