When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Ultimate Sears Spaceliner Reference

-
Mike, I'm not familiar with the spaceliners, but very familiar with the Bendix kickback 2 speeds. I didn't see any of your posts as to what year you have but if you want to make it correct 60 -64 would be a red band, 65 - 70 would be yellow. Either will work, same gearing in both but some of the internal parts are different. The 2 speed parts wont go inside the single speed hub so you will have to re lace the wheel,... and probably need a different length spoke. And yes you can test it in your hand. If its not to gummed up hold the brake arm and spin the sprocket. Watch to see how fast the hub is spinning. Now spin it back like applying the brake then forward again. The hub should spin faster or slower depending what gear it was in. Lots of info out there on the bendix 2 speed kickback hubs, you'll probably find more in the Schwinn forums.
Just got this hub in the mail today and my bike is currently at the shop. So...i reckon ill have it respoked into the original rim. It doesnt spin fast but when i turn the gear the other way its a lower gear. It probably needs to be regreased. They charge $75 labor and a $1.00 a spoke.

1507948886128-1241787888.jpg

IMG_20171013_191422_389.jpg

Just got this hub in the mail today and my bike is currently at the shop. So...i reckon ill have it respoked into the original rim. It doesnt spin fast but when i turn the gear the other way its a lower gear. It probably needs to be regreased. They charge $75 labor and a $1.00 a spoke.

View attachment 691647

View attachment 691648
Looks like a nice bike. I hope the stand clamp doesn't damage the decal... they're very fragile.

How about this bicycle trick?

Today Sunset with Big Rock cliffs in the background
1964 Space Age SPACELINER SHIELDS UP
SET PHASERS TO STUNNING
SPACELINER Gleaming Sunset Big Rock Cliffs 10-25-2017 X.JPG

Space Age space jet like F-86 Saber Jet and THE JETSON’S.
Lights & horn working. BeEp! bEeP!
(Photos unaltered just chrome frame at different angles like a mirror in Sun.)
Cool bicycle trick?

---=MGB=---

Last edited:
How about this bicycle trick?

Today Sunset with Big Rock cliffs in the background
1964 Space Age SPACELINER SHIELDS UP
SET PHASERS TO STUNNING
View attachment 697954

Space Age space jet like F-86 Saber Jet and THE JETSON’S.
Lights & horn working. BeEp! bEeP!
(Photos unaltered just chrome frame at different angles like a mirror in Sun.)
Cool bicycle trick?

---=MGB=---
Very cool bike. It looks good at any angle

Hope you don't mind me asking on this thread. I could use a Spaceliner fix showing off yer accessories on yer Spaceliners...please
The only accessories I have on my Spaceliner are flashing, bullet, valve covers. When the wheels rotate, the LED bulbs inside will flash like strobes. It's pretty cool, and seems appropriate for the Spaceliner.

Bullet valve cover.jpg

Back