When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does this headlight make my butt look big?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yeah the lettering takes away the clean look. Especially on older bikes. That Beach Bum logo is nasty. What did you use to remove the lettering?

I used chemical stripper, plenty of soap & water.
Applying chemical in very, very short amounts.
Rubbing and wiping away with rags immediately and washing with soap & water to prevent the
chemical from further eating into the rubber. Later I applied a thin coating of vaseline and wiped off
with a rag until I was satisfied that there were no signs of ever having used anything.

I used gloves, wore long sleeve shirt and worked in an open area with mask to avoid the toxic fumes.
It’s been almost two years and there is no signs of the rubber being affected from this treatment.
I am not recommending this, I’m just telling you what I did.
I would rather you try something else that is safer. Good Luck.

I used chemical stripper, plenty of soap & water.
Applying chemical in very, very short amounts.
Rubbing and wiping away with rags immediately and washing with soap & water to prevent the
chemical from further eating into the rubber. Later I applied a thin coating of vaseline and wiped off
with a rag until I was satisfied that there were no signs of ever having used anything.

I used gloves, wore long sleeve shirt and worked in an open area with mask to avoid the toxic fumes.
It’s been almost two years and there is no signs of the rubber being affected from this treatment.
I am not recommending this, I’m just telling you what I did.
I would rather you try something else that is safer. Good Luck.
Safer is no fun but thanks for the concern. I'm constantly working with chemicals and paint so I have a mask, gloves, etc. The thing that freaks me out the most is old house paint. Many of these old bikes are covered in old house paint. Most likely old house paint with lead in it.

Safer is no fun but thanks for the concern. I'm constantly working with chemicals and paint so I have a mask, gloves, etc. The thing that freaks me out the most is old house paint. Many of these old bikes are covered in old house paint. Most likely old house paint with lead in it.

On a ‘50s Phantom, I was able to remove DIY spray-paint with the original color beneath still intact.
It was a labor of love.

Yeah, you prob looked at it too much. Yet, maybe you're not realizing it's done. So, stick a motor on that to make it more bad, A.
20171021_132103.jpg

That was considered!

Yeah I fingered you mit have consider those puny cheapo china models. And that's the ting, puny just don't cut the cake whenever your going fer a meaty contraption, :) . Back in the day, us kids done stuff like, wit old B & S engines. welded or bolted contraptions, yet most we did, didn't last longs. We just didn't have the tools or welding equipment so, they'd rattle lose. .

However, might I suggest you moves aways froms puny? Something likes dis here. I read online harbor fright gots em for 99 bucks: Harbor Freight (6.5 HP Honda Clone, 212cc (6.5HP) Predator Engine.

Dump their gas tank, perhaps retro fit items like muffler, air cleaner, chain hook-up, etc. too, ?? Otherwise, perhaps an old Honda 25? or 50 that can fit into da bike with just retro fitting to mount, without that big flat mount type B & S or even this type has. Possibly Honda's old motorized moped contraptions too. I had an old 1950's 10 HP West bend engine that didn't have the flat type mounting, but just a special bracket attachment. you could have, or I, with tools modified it easy. it was on a go-cart. but I traded it to a guy who wanted for mini bike. . Even if the puny guys are better, more power, it's big meat appearance ya wants right? Bigger head verses puny.

BTW, like where you're trying to center the engine on it.

200900_4.jpg

69730.jpg

Last edited:
Have you ever not liked the finished project? When i was putting it together I was jazzed. Now it's finished and it doesn't blow my skirt up. What's up with that?
Great looking ride. I find when I'm working on a project, LOOKING at it MANY hours and hours, after awhile it loses some ZIP/WOW.... but give it a break, look at something else awhile, then go back a few days later and it usually looks COOL again. Bob

Yeah I fingered you mit have consider those puny cheapo china models. And that's the ting, puny just don't cut the cake whenever your going fer a meaty contraption, :) . Back in the day, us kids done stuff like, wit old B & S engines. welded or bolted contraptions, yet most we did, didn't last longs. We just didn't have the tools or welding equipment so, they'd rattle lose. .

However, might I suggest you moves aways froms puny? Something likes dis here. I read online harbor fright gots em for 99 bucks: Harbor Freight (6.5 HP Honda Clone, 212cc (6.5HP) Predator Engine.

Dump their gas tank, perhaps retro fit items like muffler, air cleaner, chain hook-up, etc. too, ?? Otherwise, perhaps an old Honda 25? or 50 that can fit into da bike with just retro fitting to mount, without that big flat mount type B & S or even this type has. Possibly Honda's old motorized moped contraptions too. I had an old 1950's 10 HP West bend engine that didn't have the flat type mounting, but just a special bracket attachment. you could have, or I, with tools modified it easy. it was on a go-cart. but I traded it to a guy who wanted for mini bike. . Even if the puny guys are better, more power, it's big meat appearance ya wants right? Bigger head verses puny.

BTW, like where you're trying to center the engine on it.

View attachment 695718

View attachment 695719
I considered a Sportsman Flyer. I still might do that next and build the frame myself. I'm putting the China lady engine in a 40 Schwinn frame. I figured it's a replica right? So I pegged the throttle wide open and disconnected the clutch. You push it, it goes. Pretty exciting little ride since the crude kill switch I rigged failed. I had to reach down and pull the plug wire.

You know the more I look at your artwork the more I like it. I do like the cream tires better though. If after all this work you still don’t like it you could give to me. I will treat it like it was one of my own. Lol. Thanks for posting it.

Back